Today’s a new day, and I’m starting it with breakfast. And coffee. Always coffee. I know I shared the week’s meal plan yesterday, but that only covered dinner.
Want to see what I whipped up for a couple other meals?
They have cheese…
See, now that’s the spirit.
I made broccoli cheese bites for Ethan, which he’ll be having for lunch a few days since I froze most of them. And I also made broccoli egg bites for me, which I’ll pair with some fruit for breakfast.
I’ve gotta’ tell ya – the kid loves these things. I stole one, and I love them too. Since he’s still figuring out his finger foods, I crumbled it for him. Older kids would do great just eating them as-is… if your husband doesn’t steal them all first.
Broccoli Cheese Bites for Baby (or any cheese-loving kiddo) Adapted from this recipe
- 1 16oz package of frozen chopped broccoli, boiled and drained
- 1 cup crushed Cheerios (I use a baggie and rolling pin.)
- 1.5 cups shredded full-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs (if your pediatrician is cool with whole eggs)
- 1 tsp spices of choice (optional – I went plain on the first batch)
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds (optional)
- Make sure to use cooked broccoli, and further chop any pieces that may be too large for baby. Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix all ingredients with your hands in a mixing bowl. Plop onto a greased baking sheet in cookie-like shape. I used olive oil for mine.
- Bake 25 minutes. You could flip halfway, but mine turned out fine without flipping. Allow to cool slightly before serving, and crumble for baby.
Broccoli Egg Cups for Mama Adapted from this recipe <– has nutrition info too!
- 1 16oz package frozen chopped broccoli, boiled and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, reserve a little (I used Swiss, but cheddar would be good too.)
- 1/5 tsp olive oil plus olive oil to grease the pan (or cooking spray for the pan)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Make sure your broccoli is cooked.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin cups until 3/4 full. I got 10 cups.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
See, there’s lots of eggy, cheesy, broccoli goodness for the entire family. Enjoy!
- Bro, do you even food prep?