Happy Monday! Oh, who am I kidding. Friggin’ Monday…
At least many of us are looking at a long weekend coming up, right? That’s exciting! Kevin and I didn’t have the most exciting weekend this weekend, but it was still a good one. Hopefully next weekend is just as good with an extra pinch of woohoo!
Saturday started with a family walk followed by a hair appointment. Boy, did I need it!! To make it a little more luxurious, I threw in a little Starbucks. Ethan got his hair cut later that afternoon. Just look at us – all fixed up and matchy-matchy.
Sunday was busy! I baked muffins before my boys woke, and then there was a nice 3-mile family walk. More food preppin’, grocery shoppin’, and pool swimmin’ ensued. By 8:15 I was exhausted and ready to prop up my feet with some ice cream in my hands!
- Sunday: spicy yellow curry with chicken, bell pepper, jalapeno, and peas
- Monday: Cuban style lean beef picadillo
- Tuesday: salsa chicken in the crock pot with a side of black beans
- Wednesday: pasta alfredo with peas, broccoli, and maybe some spinach
- Thursday: “fried” rice with egg and mixed veggies
- Friday: bbq pork in slow cooker with corn and green beans or out (TBD)
I also plan to have parfaits or protein oats for breakfast followed by bacon-lettuce-avocado or tuna-lettuce-avocado wraps for lunch with a side of pear. Snacks, ice cream, and more snacks are included too.
- What were you up to this weekend?
- Do you have a long weekend coming up?