Monday already? Meal Plan Monday #6 already? Wow, time has been flying for me lately. Christmas comes slowly for kids, but for people like me who love every second of the holiday season, it goes by much too fast.
We didn’t do to much holiday stuff around here, but I’m still getting in the spirit. Thanksgiving turkey, ordered. Christmas jammies, wore ‘em last night. Christmas shopping, we’ll I’ve at least made a list. Red cup, thoroughly enjoyed.
It’s a good thing we’re looking ahead at the food for the week though instead of recapping what was eaten. We had some pretty pitiful noms this weekend, including a lack-luster pizza, my mediocre attempt at Ethan-friendly Pad Thai, not-so-great baked ziti, and barely drinkable wine. Oh well, I guess that’s bound to happen from time to time.
But speaking of food, here’s the plan for this week:
- Sunday: baked spaghetti squash with a lil’ cheese and sundried tomato chicken sausages
- Monday: chicken tortellini soup
- Tuesday: beef chili
- Wednesday: ratatouille polenta bake
- Thursday: baked turkey breast, sweet potato, and green beans
- Friday: duck at my parents’ house (maybe)
- Saturday: date night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <– very exciting stuff
Also, there’s a breakfast of French toast and apple slices, which I will share with Ethan. And I made Chelsey’s loaded cabbage soup for lunch. I also plan to have fruit for snack, though I’ll also be working through some of Angela’s pumpkin gingerbread loaf (sans the spiced buttercream) that I made yesterday.
In other news, I cannot wait to get the pictures back from our family photo session on Saturday. You don’t realize how impatient you are until you’re waiting on a photographer. Ha, but really – Kevin and I never got engagement photos or anything, so these are our only non-wedding pics. Gaaahhhhhh, I want ‘em nowwwwww!
- Have you had many professional photos taken?
- Charlotte readers, where should we go for date night?