TGIF, am I right? Getting back to the daily grind this week hasn’t been easy. It has been hard dropping Ethan off at daycare, and he’s been waking up at night. A tired mommy plus a busier-than-normal work schedule means the weekend can’t come soon enough!
I had a work lunch yesterday, which was nice. I tried to make good choices, so I went with the salmon, veggies, and baked potato sans butter/sour cream. Yay for me! But then everyone else got a dessert to-go, so… umm… this happened.
Key lime pie for the win! This one was good, but it was not tart enough and too sweet. Yeah, I’m serious about my pie.
Anyway, who am I to complain about sweets? ; )
Enough about desserts, weekends, and such, I’m here to share the rest of that workout plan I mentioned yesterday.
- Monday: morning chest workout at home, lunch elliptical at gym
- Tuesday: morning run, lunch back/core at the gym
- Wednesday: morning barre/dance-inspired toning video, lunch stair climber at gym
- Thursday: morning legs workout at home (below), lunch run
- Friday: morning barre/dance-inspired toning video, lunch clean my messy house!
- Saturday: spin class or long family walk plus a little abs
- Sunday: rest
*The last exercise (single-leg lift) is demonstrated below. It is a commonly used physical therapy exercise for runner’s knee, but it also has great toning benefits for the quads. One leg bent, one straight. Begin by flexing your quad to tighten the leg, and then lift it off the floor, anywhere from 2-9 inches, depending on your strength and flexibility. Hold it a couple seconds, then lower, release, repeat.
This is the goal. Some days I don’t want to run, so I walk. Other days, like yesterday, it’s 11 degrees outside, a screaming toddler woke me for too many late-night hours, and had my lunch break devoted to work. Those days call for an unplanned rest day.
As I’ve said before, you need a plan, but a plan needs wiggle-room.
- Happy Fit Friday! How will you be getting active this weekend?