Thanks Amanda for hosting another Thinking Out Loud party. How else could I justify publishing such a random sampling of thoughts?!
1. This song has been in my head for 3 days straight. It’s comical. It’s catchy. I like it. BUT I can’t relate to it. My hubby, along with any fellas I’ve ever dated, don’t like “a little more booty to hold at night.” I wish they did; I’d get a little more wiggle room in the diet. Plus, I don’t think everyone is beautiful even though I do think some folks of every size, shape, color, age, etc. are beautiful. See the link before calling me a meanie-head. I digress… it’s still a cute song.
2. Routine change! Ethan’s first nap has slid back a bit, which means I can squeeze in a walk or jog before first nap without him falling asleep in the stroller. Y’all, this is huge. It means I can do a quick strength workout and/or get a shower during his first nap and after a walk/jog. Huge I tell ya!!
3. Speaking of the stroller, I’ve gotten a walk in three days in a row, and I’m planning another today. I might even try a 3-mile slow stroller run tomorrow. I’m feeling so much better after this half than I did after the first one. In fact, I’ve hardly felt it. No PT for me!
3. This quote: “It doesn’t matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There is clearly room for more wine.”
4. Wine is good, but so is beer. I just bought tickets to the Charlotte Oktoberfest. Yaaaay!!! No, Ethan won’t be going, but let me know in the comments if you are so that we can meet up.
5. Runger. My body still thinks it’s going to be running another half marathon, and it’s just.plain.wrong. I went to the fam’s place yesterday to pet-sit, and I found myself so ravenous that I tore into one of their emergency Lean Pockets. I hadn’t had one of those in forever, but I needed something. Anything.
6. Ethan’s been eating us out of house and home as well. I should hold my tongue seeing how he’ll eventually be a hungry teenager. Maybe he’s in a growth spurt. Maybe we’re both having a growth spurt. (I wish… and by the way, when did he get so big???)
7. I’m bummed the flowers from yesterday’s post are wilting. Only the beautiful wilt young, eh? I once told Kevin that I didn’t like flowers because they died too soon. What a mistake! Until this bunch, I haven’t gotten flowers from him since this bouquet in college. I take it back, I take it back. I do like flowers! (Ha – love you Kev.)
- Ever had runger issues?
- Got any beer fests on your calendar?