May 9th, 2013
Whew! It’s Thursday, and we’re over the hump. Thank goodness! I know I haven’t been sharing much about my workouts lately, but sharing too much might have given away my secret too early. Now that the cat’s outta’ the bag, here’s my current plan.
- Monday: 45-minute walk with incline intervals + lots of stretching
- Tuesday: 20 minutes at-home cardio (such as this YouTube workout) and my Tracy Anderson DVD
- Wednesday: 30 minutes cardio + abs/core workout (*I use parallel bars for leg raises.)
- Thursday: 20 minutes cardio + upper body workout
- Friday: 30 minutes cardio + lower body workout
- Saturday: 3-5 mile walk outdoors (Tracy Anderson DVD if weather isn’t permitting)
- Sunday: rest!!!
I did this routine last week and will probably complete it a few more weeks before changing the plan. I’ll give more information on the Tracy Anderson Pregnancy DVD in the future since I haven’t decided if I like it or not yet.
Today’s workout didn’t really happen as-planned. I was having some light pain in the belly, so I decided cardio and abs work wasn’t really the best idea. I did 20 minutes of yoga in the morning, this Tone It Up workout (3x through), and went for a 2-mile walk at lunch.
Not to worry with the pain – I think these are just some growing pains, like ligaments n’ such. These aren’t the worrisome pains I had back in March. Yup, it was just a little scare, but this is why I decided to quit running for the rest of my pregnancy.
One day I happened to run, I experienced cramping, spotting, and an urgent call to the doc. I also happened to have a 5k scheduled that weekend. Sooooo I had a little talk with Jesus and said a lot of prayers. He helped me realize that whether or not I could run or wanted to run didn’t matter. He helped me see that from here on out, I’m not the only one that matters. I don’t get to come first anymore.
I want to be very clear here: I do not thing it is bad to run while pregnant if you’re already a runner. Once I found out what my problem was, I don’t think I needed to give up running for medical reasons. However, I did need to give it up for personal reasons. Sometimes my desire to go for a little jog or really push myself in a workout is strong, but it’s not as strong as the promise I made to the baby.
Sorry to be cheesy, but I just want you to know why you’ll be seeing so many walks. Good thing I love a good walk!
- Tried any new workout DVDs or online videos lately?
January 31st, 2013
Seeing as how I’m still sniffling, plowing through tissues, and waking myself up at night coughing, I haven’t been hitting the gym this week. I feel a lot better, but my sinuses and lethargy are still keeping me down.
‘da kitties making me feel better
I’ve managed to squeeze in a few lower intensity workouts though. The at-home stuff has been great because I’m not picking up more sick-o germs at the gym, over-exerting myself too soon, or getting up too early. (The snooze button has been my friend lately.)
Wednesday: having Blogilates on the brain, I went for…
- Not sure yet… hopefully a walk or run outside because I need to get outta’ this house!
- Hopefully about 20 minutes of post run/walk yoga
I’m hoping for a run; I’m craving a good sweat!
- I still don’t want to hit the gym yet, so I plan to either do a more intense circuit at home though maybe not tooooo intense depending on how today’s walk or run goes for me.
- Another walk or run depending on what I feel like doing, how I’m feeling, and the weather
Since I’m not sure yet about Friday’s workout, leave me a comment linking up with either your favorite circuit routine or workout video. If you’ve got a good one you’ve done recently or created yourself, I wanna’ see it!
In other link love news…
June 14th, 2012
You know how I mentioned yesterday that I didn’t know if my willpower would give out on me at lunch? It did! My inner cheerleader is doing cartwheels right now. The company brought in Mexican, and I made this little gem.
Actually, I made two of them because it was pretty small. The second one has less beans, but it was still yummy. Who needs cheese, ground beef, and HFCS wraps or taco shells? Not this girl! Okay… I often do need those things, but not yesterday.
I got a double-dose of greens by having a salad again last night. It was pretty much the same as Tuesday’s dinner. (Y’all know I love leftovers.)
But I enjoyed this one with a side of Food Network Magazine. You can’t read this (or flip through drooling) unless you’re already eating a meal. It’ll make you want something. Immediately.
I’ll wrap up today by sharing this week’s workouts, both accomplished an planned. It’s really similar to last week since I’m trying to beat my score on the two bootcamp style workouts, but here it goes…
- Monday: 0.5 mile walk, 1.5 mi run, 0.5 mi walk, gooooood stretch, and core yoga & hip exercises at night
- Tuesday: quick warm up, Jillian Michaels no-weights workout, extra pushups
- Wednesday: power yoga and this Tone it Up ab workout in the morning, 2.5 mi walk with Kevin at night
- Thursday: walking warm up, this BodyRock workout (the timed portion and upper-body cool down)
- Friday: spin class, a little bonding with the weight room
- Saturday: long walk on a treadmill, followed by stretching and hip exercises
- Sunday: active rest
Found any good new workouts online or elsewhere?
November 12th, 2011
Happy Football Day! I’ll be making chili and hopefully homemade cheeze-its for lunch (Recipe from Dish & Tell) because we will be having friends over to watch the game.
Kev and I usually like to party it up a bit on Fridays, but last night was a bit different. We started with a cheap dinner at home…
…then we headed out to the symphony! I think we were the youngest people in our row by a good 40 years. Speaking of age, I have to admit that this is the same dress I wore to my 8th grade dance. It’s still in great shape because I lost it for a lot of years.
We got cheap tickets because Kevin still has his student ID, and I am still in the 25-and-under age group. Winning! Since we got tickets only days before the show, we got to pick from any of the spots. Front and center for $13 each – you can’t beat that!
The musicians played Mozart’s Requiem wonderfully. The singers did not come out until after intermission. Neither Kevin nor I cared for the soloists , but the chorus behind the musicians sounded enchanting. Great show!
Workouts of the Week:
In closing, I want to add that this is my dream job: Birth of the Beer Sommelier
Now it’s time to finish my coffee, get to Target, and start cooking some chili!
September 24th, 2011
Busy busy busy! I am actually up at 5:15 in the morning! Being this busy on a Saturday would normally be a bummer, but since it’s all for the sake of good times, I’m not complaining.
Here was last night’s healthy dinner:
I planned to try a dish from my Peas and Thank You cookbook, but I decided that was going to take way too much time and energy. I modified it and was relatively pleased. The sauce was good but a wee bit too tangy for me. I’ll definitely make it again, but I won’t add the full amount of apple cider vinegar. Kevin and I enjoyed this meal with chilled pinot grigio.
Here were my workouts for the week:
- Sunday: Cleaning House (That’s kind of a workout, right? It’s exhausting!)
- Monday: Elliptical (25 minutes with intervals), Leg Day with Reps in the 12-15 Range
- Tuesday: 99 Workout (with very modified pushups)
- Wednesday: Run (2.5 mi), Back Day with Reps in the 8-10 Range
- Thursday: Skip! (my body needed rest, though I did take a 30-minute walk)
- Friday: Arc Trainer(30 minutes), Arm Day with 3 Sets of 8-10 Reps
- Saturday: Run (2 mi, super speedy), I *would* do pilates if I had more time
I don’t plan on eating “clean” all weekend, but wish me luck on doing better than last weekend. Baby steps!
Ooohhhh by the way… aren’t these gorgeous??? I didn’t order them, but I was drooling over my keyboard when I saw them yesterday.
Nine West boots
Are you busy this weekend, or are you just busy relaxing?