February 28th, 2013
Today’s post is a quickie, but there were just a few really small but really good things worth sharing. And by “a few,” I actually mean five.
1. Yesterday’s workout started with a cold, early walk with the hubby. He even carried the flashlight. What a gentleman.
2. Despite the hat hair from my bundled walk, my hair turned out pretty well. Not bad for not even washing it, eh? Good hair days make everything better.
3. I made it out of the health food store for under $30! Woohoo! Lots of natural a/o organic goodies, and I even picked up turkey meatballs for Kev (half a pound free)! Okay… the ice cream wasn’t free, or even on sale, but who can pass up mint chocolate chip???
4. The grocery stop lead to this awesome dinner. Well, Kevin’s was awesome. Mine was just good, but hey – still better than bad!
5. Lastly, Game of Thrones: Season Two finally arrived yesterday. Thanks Netflix! I watched the entire disk last night… oh wait, the jerks only put two episodes on a disk. Sigh… oh well, at least I have something to look forward to. Bring on disk two!
I hope you guys are having a nice Thursday. What’s been making your week special?
December 20th, 2012
Okay, I know the “Bringing Sexy Back” song is a bit dated nowadays, but that’s the best way to describe this workout. I did cardio, back, and biceps work yesterday, and it was awesome.
I kept the treadmill going while I hopped off to do the battle ropes. Dang – those are hard! As for my cardio, I completed 20 sweaty minutes on the stair climber. 30 minutes would have been nice, but the day before was leg day. ‘Nuff said.
Later in the day while browsing Twitter, I saw something fantastic. I learned that Ommegang will be releasing a ‘Game of Thrones’ beer. It will release in March before the next season debut.
“What better partner for our brewery which prides itself on re-imagining the best of beer? Game of Thrones is rich, fascinating, complex, daring and unexpected. Many lovers of Ommegang feel the same way about our fine ales. We think it’s a unique partnership for two unique brands.” – Simon Thorpe, President and CEO of Brewery Ommegang and Duvel Moortgat USA, quote from The Full Pint
Exciting, right? Yes – I realize I have nerdy tendencies. After all, I am reading The Hobbit.
And I happen to find joy in little things like this.
Whatever brings you joy, right? Sorry to all the non-nerds out there. If the beer and Hobbits aren’t for you, I hope you at least enjoy the workout!