Starbucks red cups, shopping center wreaths, and frozen turkeys on sale – yup, it must be November. Okay, I’ll admit it. I’ve already had my first red cup of the year.
My mom brought me a skinny peppermint latte before taking me out for a pedicure on Saturday. It was sooooo nice to get out of the house!
Speaking of skinny, I guess it’s about time for a “body after baby” post. I can’t say I’m really going for skinny, but I’m certainly going for a slim-down.
- Total pregnancy weight gain – 26 lbs (Remember, Ethan came early.)
- One week weigh-in – down 12 lbs (12 total)
- One month weigh-in – down 5 lbs (17 total)
- Remaining – 8 or 9 lbs to go!
- Goal Date – January 1 (This depends on holiday indulgences!)
- 1st Month – I ate mostly junk and did no exercise.
- 2nd Month – I’m now boosting veggies and watching portions, though I’m still not counting calories. I’m not cleared for exercise yet, but I want to go back to my Tracy Anderson pregnancy DVD and some walking as soon as the doc approves.
- 3rd Month – I hope to start jogging while continuing walks. I also want to throw in more high-intensity body-weight workouts that I can do at home, like the David Kirsch plan I used before my wedding.
Side note, it was kind of neat having Ethan’s due date come and go this weekend. To be honest, I feel a little cheated. I feel cheated out of having the childbirth I planned, and I feel cheated out of that last month of pregnancy.
Kevin thinks I’m crazy, but I was actually looking forward to the last month. I didn’t cash in on enough back rubs, preg parking spots, and belly pics. Oh well, less belly just means there has been extra time for baby snuggles. Can’t complain about that!
- Got any tips to share for getting back in shape?
- BTW – Ethan is up to a healthy weight and is doing well. Yay!