WIAW: Cereal Monster

Happy What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) Everyone!  It feels more like Thursday to me, but at least we’re halfway to the weekend.

Yesterday was a hot one.  Not only was it about 90 degrees here in Charlotte, when I got to the gym in the morning, the air conditioning was totally shot.  Yeah… lots of gross sweaty folk up in there.

The heat almost made me want to forgo my hot breakfast and coffee when I got home… but not really.

Pre-gym: rice cake with a lil’ schmear of pb

Breakfast: strawberry protein oats and vitamins with DHA (strawberries are sooooooo good right now!)

breakfast

Snack: Good Belly juice (This stuff is amazing!  The probiotics help my belly, and it tastes good.) with 1 2 helpings of cereal and unsweetened almond milk

good belly

Lunch: spinach and egg sandwich with a side pear

lunch

Snack: I planned to have zucchini and hummus, but I just really really really wanted more cereal.  Cereal won.

Dinner: crock pot salsa chicken quinoa bowl (totally hit the spot!)

dinner

Dessert: a nibble of ice cream, but not much because it’s not that good (Y’all didn’t tell me coconut ice cream actually tastes like coconut!  Kevin laughed at me since we both dislike coconut, but seriously… almond ice cream doesn’t taste like almonds, and soy ice cream doesn’t taste like soy.  Wishful thinking on my part.)

ice cream

On a side note, my work pants still fit (sorta).  Yay!  It’s not that I don’t want the belly to grow, but it’s nice to have more options in my closet for meetings in the office.

19 weeks

• Coconut, yay or nay?
  • Do you use your crock pot in warm months?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to WIAW: Cereal Monster

1. Jessie says:

Have I really missed for the past few months that you were pregnant? Where in the world have I been, Ha Ha! You look great though darling :)

2. Looking good!
    Coconut, yeah, BUT only shredded coconut, not coconut water or milk for me (unless I’m making ice cream of coursE).
    I was wondering what people would say about the crock pot question, because I have some recipes I was to post…but I feel like people don’t use it this time of year. I do.

3. lindsay says:

love me some coconut ice cream. But no air conditioning? Oh my, that’s just wrong in the summer.

4. I actually used to not like coconut all that much, but here recently, I don’t know what it is …..I can’t get enough of the stuff. Your lunch looks so good. I need to make an egg sandwich and I’ve been enjoying pears too!

5. Yay for coconut! I love coconut, I add it to pretty much everything that might taste good with it. Coconut milk in regular coffee at home is way better than any lattee I have ordered out. I had been out of coconut milk for a few days and was so happy to have my morning coconut coffee again today. As much as I love coconut I have never tried coconut milk ice cream, I will have to give it a try! I like using the crock pot in the sumer to make shredded chicken and chili although I don’t use it near as often as I do in the winter months.

6. Stephanie says:

Cereal is so much better when its not breakfast, don’t you think?
    True dedication staying at the gym when there is no aircon, I always get through so much water when its hot there.
    I had never thought of an omlettey sandwich, looks so yum, I’ll give it a go!
    Great WIAW!

7. Awwr I love coconut! The only way I won’t eat it is if we’re talking shredded coconut, but then it’s more of a texture thing than a taste thing. I’ve tried that coconut ice cream though and didn’t like it… Something about it just tastes really fake to me. As for my [non-existant] crock pot… I would probably still use it in warmer months if I had one, buuuuuut I still didn’t make the commitment to buy one. This fall for sure…

8. Hahaha coconut ice cream DOES taste like coconut. Oops, we should have warned you ;) I’ll take your leftovers off your hands!!

9. Lindsey says:

I love coconut but not coconut flour!
    I do here and there but not near as much as winter, its great for rainy days though.
    Jealous you can fit into your work pants, my are long gone but I have been loving the belly band extender I got that allows me to still wear my jeans.

10. You look great!!Lol thats so funny about the coconut ice cream, I’m a big fan of coconut but you’re so right almond and soy ice creams dont taste like almond and soy! ha i never thought of it like that. and “good belly” is probably the best name I’ve ever heard :)

11. Haha! Laughing at your coconut ice cream! I love the stuff but yeah, if you don’t like coconut you probably wouldn’t enjoy the ice cream! Ha!
    When I was pregnant I craved cereal all the time! I would eat it for dinner at least twice a week. funny thing is, I didn’t eat it before nor do I eat it after. Weird!

12. Coconut all the way for me! I wish we were able to get more than three (!) boring flavours of soy ice cream around here so feel free to mail me your coconut pint :). Sorry you didn’t enjoy it, though.
    While I’m not pregnant I still get what you mean about enjoying to have more choices in terms of office clothes. That being said you look great in the pictures and I may or may not be slightly jealous of your beautiful hair ;).

13. Oh yum your crockpot meal looks delicious; I really need to buy myself one as I’ve seen so many tasting looking meals!
    I wouldn’t have thought that coconut milk ice cream tasted like coconut either as I don’t think that cartoned coconut milk tastes much like coconut! Shame you weren’t a bit fan :(

14. Your lunch looks super tasty!! I wish that I would remember to make eggs for lunch more often!

15. I actually just used my crock pot yesterday. LOL! It’s so easy for dinners when you come home and would rather sit on the porch and enjoy the night. LOVE coconut cake…does that count? You look fabulous! XOXO

16. Hmmm… I kind of like coconut in certain situations (coconut oil and coconut flour) but otherwise it’s not my favorite. Especially when people put shredded coconut in baked goods. Coconut cream pie I can take, but chocolate chip cookies or strawberry shortbread? No way.

17. Yum! Lots of yummy food! I’m definitely a cereal monster myself these days. I do love coconut, but I’ve never tried coconut ice cream.

18. Nikki says:

Cereal ALWAYS wins! Gross about the broken AC though! Happy hump day!

19. I love coconut, but sometimes I find things like coconut yoghurt a bit overpowering. I see what you were thinking, but I use coconut oil in cooking quite often and it does add a hint of flavour so I think the coconut flavour must always be quite strong.

I’m glad you said that about coconut oil. Some people say it doesn’t have coconut flavor, but apparently there’s still a hint. Glad I didn’t buy that too! haha

20. Coconut is a complete YAY for me. I have loved it for years and am so happy that the foodie world is catching on :)
    Spinach is basically a requirement whenever I make savory eggs

21. I love coconut, so I would probably love that ice cream. I’ve been wanting to try it!

22. Ohhh my goodness, a gym without air conditioning?? I don’t know if I could have survived that…I don’t do well with “gym smells”… ;-)
    Your snack, dinner, and dessert sound right up my alley!
    And I had no idea you were pregnant! Congrats, you look great!

23. I don’t like coconut either! People usually think im weird for not liking it

24. I love coconut but that coconut milk ice cream tasting like coconut through me off a bit too. If it says it’s chocolate, I want chocolate not chocolate coconut! lol NadaMoo is another coconut milk ice cream, but I can’t taste the coconut milk at all. Their maple pecan flavor is delicious :)

25. Catherine says:

The egg sandwich looks yummy!