Happy Thirsty Thursday! This week is moving along fairly quickly for me. Thank goodness for four-day work weeks!
Moving on… for this week’s Thirsty Thursday post, I tried to make a fun new mocktail, but it didn’t turn out so well. It’s hard to make mocktails when you’ve never made cocktails. Nope – not a liquor fan, save for my yearly Cinco de Mayo margarita or something. I’ll try again soon, so wish me luck!
Mocktail or not, Thirsty Thursday continues with a continuation of last week’s NA beer reviews. While away this weekend, I tried my first O’Doul’s. Having an AB product just sounded appropriate in St. Louis.
I liked it! I’m not sure if it tops Buckler or not, but they’re at least tied. This was a very smooth beer with a dry finish. It didn’t have a lot of flavor, but it was much more like your typical American lager, as opposed to the import flavor of the other NAs I’ve tried thus far.
Speaking of beer, I saw this video yesterday and was totally blown away. It’s an unofficial record setting beer run! I’ve always wanted to do one of these, but I guess it can wait 6 more months…
Enough beer talk, I wanted to briefly mention some of the books I’ve ready lately.
- Belly Laughs – Loved it. This book tells it like it is without freaking you out. Bonus, it’s comical!
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society – Not bad. I liked it, but it was very slow to start.
- The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel – I didn’t finish it. I couldn’t get into it at all.
- Spring Fever – Predictable and soap-opera-ish, but delightful and fun. A great beach book.
- Baby Proof – Also very predictable but still cute. It was a quick and girly read, not overly babyish.
- Read anything good lately?
- Ever done or wanted to do a beer run?