This week was sooooo slow for me. I don’t even have many big plans going on this weekend, but I know I’ll find a few things to get into.
Here’s a quick little post about five things making me happy this week.
1. My workouts were ballin’ this week. I was doing great, even with the “easy” day on Tuesday of yoga and a shorter walk. This was my last week of the plan I described a week or two ago, and I’m glad I could go out with a bang. If you’re not a beginner and are looking for a new workout routine, I recommend this one!
2. I got a new dress in the mail! Okay, I can’t really be all that excited about it since it’s a bridesmaid dress, but it reminds me of how excited I am to share my friend’s special day.
3. I’ve been needing some beach. I know “need” sounds a bit dramatic, but I wish I were kidding. Luckily, we had some good weather this week that allowed me to enjoy a few lunches and a few walks outdoors. It may not be sandy, but at least I’m getting some sunshine!
4. Speaking of beaches, is it margarita-thirty yet? I’m starting the weekend right- happy hour with my girls! We chose a Mexican place with a patio, so bring on the salsa!
5. Two Words: Cookie Dough! I was in the mood for cookie dough yesterday (when am I not?), and I just happened across Averie’s recipe. Hmmm, perhaps it was her recipe that got cookies on my brain? Either way, in an effort to not eat raw eggs since I hear that’s frowned upon these days, I was happy to find her vegan recipe.
I halved and modified it just a bit, and I was quite pleased! Note, mine’s not vegan since I used dark chocolate chips instead of cacao nibs or her mentioned “chocolate.”
- In my food processor, I processed 1/3 c raw cashews and 1/6 c old fashioned oats into a powder. I added and processed 1 TBS maple syrup, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and about 1/2 tsp water. I then added about 1/6 c dark chocolate chips and processed just a wee bit more. Lastly, I dipped the tops in a bit of sugar. Hey, if it works for muffins, right?
My modifications made for 5 cookie dough balls. I ate three and saved two for Kevin. Yes… that sounds totally fair to me.
- What are some of the things making your Friday?