I’m baaaaack! I flew out to Vegas on Thursday, and though I returned on Monday, I got back super late. I needed to hit the hay and sleep in as late as possible before getting up for work yesterday, so that left no time for blogging. No worries; there was still plenty of time for eating and even a wee bit of time for exercising.
And now for the WIAW eats…
Pre-workout: rice cake
Post-workout: 2 eggs and a beautiful Harry & David grapefruit
Snack: fiber cereal and unsweetened almond milk
Snack: pb & nana and 10 almonds a few hours later
Dinner: Mexican Polenta Bake (vegan, GF)… there might have also been a little ice cream thrown in after dinner
Mexican Polenta Bake (serves 3, super easy)
- tube of polenta
- 1 tsp + 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- large bell pepper, diced
- medium onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- approximately 1 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Oil an 8×8 or 10×10 dish (I used my Pyrex.) with about 1 tsp oil, or coat with cooking spray.
- Slice polenta in 1/4 inch slices. Line bottom of dish with polenta. Overlapping will be necessary.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion. Cook until softened, approximately 6 minutes. Add canned beans, and then stir in the salsa. (I used a basic chunky, medium-heat salsa.)
- Pour vegetable mixture over the polenta. Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 additional minutes.