Since last week’s Healthy on a Budget post focused primarily on what not to do, I want to end the series on a more positive note. I’ve thrown together a little roundup to wind down the series.
Before getting to the links, I want to share a couple of yesterday’s meals. Dinner was affordable, healthy, and super tasty. I was cooking for one, so I just threw together some things I had in the house.
Pasta (a pantry staple), frozen spinach (a freezer staple), pasta sauce (a fridge staple), and leftover sliced pepper and onion I had in the fridge. I added some 99% lean ground turkey, which was on sale at the grocery store for $4.99/lb this week. So easy!
It was a bit crazy at the office yesterday, so the company provided lunch from Panera - moderately healthy, incredibly good, and ridiculously cheap (at least for the employees).
My Healthy on a Budget Links:
Excellent Free Workout Links:
- BeFit YouTube Channel
- FitFluential’s Pinterest Board of Workouts
- YogaDownload.com (I follow the free but rarely updated podcast.)
- Cassey posts loads of quickie videos on Blogilates.
Helpful Budget Recipe Links:
- Live Better America (recipes with easy-to-find ingredients)
- Campbell’s Kitchen (rarely used but great in a pinch)
- Better Homes & Gardens (not all are healthy recipes, but lots of winners if you weed through the junk)
- Mommy Run Fast has a “What’s for Dinner?” Linkup with dinner ideas.
- 100 Days of Real Food offers a 100-day budget challenge.
Random Extras for Frugal Fitnessistas:
- Kiplinger’s Basic Family Budget Worksheet
- WebMD’s 15 Healthy Foods for about $2
- Fellow Fitfluential Ambassador, Mike’s Blog Frugal Fitness
- All-natural cleaning solutions (some budget friendly) from Real Simple
- Savvy Sugar’s Simple Weekly Budget Guide
Got any good links to add?