Happy Friday Happy Friday Happy Friday! I’m glad it’s the weekend even though I don’t even have any plans. Well… I do plan to attend spin class today, but that isn’t exactly what I meant.
I do love spin class though. I don’t think I’ve ever shared much about it, so let me briefly explain why spin is so butt-kicking awesome.
- You don’t have to be coordinated. Unlike Jazzercise or step aerobics, you don’t have to follow choreography.
- Classes are usually 45 minutes, which is the perfect length for me.
- It’s interval training at its finest. You pedal fast during sprints, or you climb up “hills” – it’s always changing.
- You don’t have to follow the rules. Sometimes the instructor asks that you stand up on the bike and pedal (think going uphill), but I sometimes choose to stay seated if my hips are feeling a bit stiff or something. Do your own thing.
- It’s as easy or as hard as you make it. Each bike has a small dial that you turn to increase your resistance. If you’re a newbie, and you want to hardly add any resistance, no one knows the difference!
And that, my friends, is why spin class is awesome. Here are some links to explain a bit more, such as how to position your seat, general FAQs, and calories burned.
- General FAQs answered by Spinning.com
- Shape Magazine’s “How to Spin Like a Pro”
- Prevention Magazine says you burn approximately 500 calories per class.
I’ve had some good and bad instructors. The music and the instructors make all the difference, so if you try it, I hope yours are good!
- Do you like spin as much as I do?
- Got plans for the evening?