Monday Musings…

Today’s post is a short one.  It’s also a weird one.  Bear with me…

Although I occasionally enjoy reading fitness and/or health magazines, checking fashion websites, or browsing Pinterest, I know how it can make me feel.  Rather than go into the fluffy details, let’s sum up my feelings with one word:

inadequate

No, I don’t always feel this way.  I also feel pretty good about myself most of the time… but….

When I see thin, I want it.

Source: google.com via Tiff on Pinterest

 

When I see muscles, I want them.

Source: tumblr.com via Tiff on Pinterest

 

But here’s the crazy thing…

When I see that kind of thin or brawn in real life, ehhhh… not so much.  In real life, I find real women more beautiful.  I know “beauty is in the eye of the beholder,,” and “real” depends heavily on perspective.  (ie: I don’t live in Los Angeles.)  So I guess it should be a lesson – a lesson to love me for me.

Source: google.com via Amie on Pinterest

 

Thankfully I haven’t had to learn this lesson the hard way, but somehow it just never sticks.  Ladies, why do we keep forgetting this???  No matter how you learn it – just learn it!

Love you for you.

OK – sorry for the oddball post.  I’m not sure where that came from, but I warned ya!  On a lighter note…

How was your weekend?  Did you do anything fun?

Related Posts:

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Monday Musings…

  1. Miz says:

    Not oddball at all all.

    So.
    Very.
    Important.

  2. Ditto EXACTLY the comment above.

  3. Nichole says:

    I love this post! When I search on Pinterest for workout tips, it’s definitely a wake-up call. You have to stop yourself sometimes when it goes from being inspiring to self doubt. Thank you for this reminder!

    And that kitty, always makes it better.

    Supported the hus in a mountain bike race, whoop! Hope you had a good weekend too:)

  4. Kierston says:

    Not odd at all!

    I had a great weekend! On holidays now :)

  5. Tara Burner says:

    not oddball at all :)
    my weekend…didn’t work :(
    spent most of it stuck inside cuz of weather

  6. Great post. This is a constant battle everyone, especially women, face daily. Who is to blame? There are probably a number of reasons we feel this way (society, the media, internal pressure) but regardless it’s something every woman has dealt with at some point in their life. It’s posts like these that keep us going! It’s nice to know we’re not alone – thanks for sharing!

  7. love this post & feel the same way!

  8. this is interesting.. I guess yo uare right sometimes when I see those women in person I think, oh that just wouldn’t look like me at all I don’t want that!

  9. Oh yes, the unending loop of “I want that” – something I have good and bad times with. Great post!

  10. I go through it, too. I am happy with myself 90% of the time. The other 10% often comes from Cameron Diaz undressing in a movie or whatever the new cover of Shape magazine is. However, it often leads to just an extra “push” the next time I go to the gym, and I try not to dwell on it. :)

  11. I totally understand where you’re coming from. The images I see are inspiring at times but sometimes it makes you feel like you’re not good enough. That’s why I try not to spend too much time on pinterest!! I just keep trying to compare myself to MY OWN FORMER SELF. I keep track of progress and strength, endurance and power. I try to let those things be what keep me motivated and happy :)

    My weekend… I met up with some bloggers!!! I’ll post about it tomorrow :)

  12. Great post!! Def not an oddball!

    And this weekend I went to an art gallery party. It was different to say the least :)

  13. LOVE this post lady!!! A reminder all of us ladies need every now and again! You ARE beautiful!

  14. Audrey says:

    Hi Tiff–I’ve been a follower for a few months now, but this is my first time commenting. Just wanted to say that I really love and enjoy your blog! :)

    This is a great post–it’s always hard to look at all those women in ads, etc. and be totally satisfied with ourselves. But if we’re exercising and eating right, who says we’re not just as beautiful!? For all we know, the women with the amazing bods are just simply blessed with good genes or have been following a restrictive diet–what about all of us who actually work to maintain a good figure?! ;)

    Love your stuff!

Leave a Reply