Seeing as how I’m up at 6 a.m. to be a supportive wife as Kevin takes the GMAT exam today, I thought today’s a great day for Six for Saturday. I had a few things I wanted to share with y’all before I baked and then got out to the lake to clean the boat, so let’s just got for list form, shall we?
1. I’m cardi-crazy. A buddy made fun of me last weekend for wearing a cute dress out yet immediately aging myself 20 years by throwing on a loose cardigan over the dress. I don’t care; they’re adorable.
Left: New Tank w/ Old Cardi, Right: Jean Friday!
2. Best quote I’ve heard in a few weeks: “Hmmm… I haven’t had bourbon in forever… Mmmm, taste like football!” Ha, as soon as my friend said that, I got all excited about football season. I’m already planning out my fall calendar.
3. I ate too many veggies this week. I tried avocado pasta again (sans lemon juice), and I liked it. In fact, I liked all my meals, but sadly my belly didn’t. By Friday, all I could stomach was simple carbs… and a glass of cabernet.
4. I still don’t let an arm/leg/foot/hand drape off the bed for fear that it will be eaten off. My extremities just feel so darn vulnerable.
5. I sometimes think of this when I put on my make up in the morning…
6. This was my Thursday grocery haul (plus one bottle of vanilla extract and 1 cup of oat flour I need for a recipe today). Despite the frozen pizza, the pickles, and the peanut butter cereal, I promise I’m not preggers.
Well, those are my six. Gimme a couple of yours!