After some meals that look a bit like this…
and some snacks that look a lot like this…
I’m ready for veggies! I made veggie egg cups for breakfast, and I plan on having salad for lunch most days this week. I want salad! Yeah, I said it. I never say that, but sometimes you just need raw goodness.
While planning my lunch, I contemplated different salad ideas, so I thought I’d share a few of them…
- Mexisalad: lettuce, black beans, bell pepper, corn, onion, salsa, shredded queso blanco
- Asian-Salad: lettuce, shredded cabbage, carrot, snap peas, edamame, sliced almonds, ginger dressing
- Hippie Salad: lettuce, sprouts, carrots, button mushrooms, sunflower seeds, hummus or goddess dressing
- Greek: onion, cucumber, tomato, oregano, feta, oil & vinegar, kalamata olives
- TJ’s Pear: baby spinach, cashews, diced pear, TJ’s champagne pear dressing
- Waldorf: lettuce, apple, dried cherries, walnuts, vinaigrette
- Picnic: lettuce, ham, cheddar cheese, peas, carrots, black olives, dressing
That’s about it for now. It’s surely enough to get me started. Bring on the veggies!
What are your favorite salad toppings?