Thanks for all the well-wishes yesterday. I think they really helped! I was determined to feel better, and I was also determined to stick to my training plan. Here’s what I did to make that happen:
First Day of Sick:
- I skipped tabata training and only opted for 15 minutes of challenging pilates.
- I ate a lot of junk. Seriously – my body was screaming, “Gimmie Energy!” and the office treats were screaming, “Eat Me!” So I did. ***Note, I’m not actually recommending this!
- I also went to bed early. Nyquil at 7:30 and bed at 8:00.
Second Day of Sick:
- I rested by skipping the gym. I still woke up at 5, but I stayed in bed until about 6.
- I couldn’t stand it. I had to squeeze in a run. At lunch, I did a slow and short lunch-break run. I did about 2.4 miles and didn’t track my pace though it felt fairly quick.******Note: I didn’t sweat much outside, but once I stepped indoors, I felt really hot. I don’t think I’ll run again on my break, which is kind of sad since I really really really enjoyed it.
- I also focused on more liquids and more FOOOOOOD.
Today I’m feeling significantly better. My throat is still sore, but I’m on the road to recovery. I think I’ll try this Jillian Michaels fitness workout from Self Magazine and some additional core strengthening here in a just a couple minutes. Bring it on Christmas; I’m ready!
- What do you do to get well soon? Any tips, tricks, or favorite comforts?