Happy Halloween

Happy Halloweeen! I am not too happy that trick-or-treaters will be coming by my house tonight. I mean really, Monday? Ugh. Oh well… I have candy; I’ll put on my big-girl pants and share it.

Today’s post is all about Halloween, though it is a bit random. Enjoy!

1. I went to a costume party on Saturday with fellow bloggers and their significant others. It was a great time! Sadly, Kev couldn’t make it. Since I was “going stag,” I figured I’d dress the part. Get it – I’m a stag??? (Lame, I know.)

the girls

Above Image from Caitlin – Other great pics from Brittney HERE

2. I had too much of some things, and I didn’t over-indulge in other things. I ate way too much chocolate (Reese’s dark chocolate pumpkins and gooey cocoa cookies), but I didn’t drink too much beer. I alternated between Leinenkugel’s Fireside Brown (good, but definitely not great) and Buckler Non-alcoholic Beer (lager flavor that’s extremely similar to Heineken).

beer

You might be surprised that I drink NA beer. I don’t do it often, but it’s a responsible alternative to a heavy brew. If you’re a beer lover and not a beer snob (nothing against beer snobs), you can find value in a good NA beer.

3. If you ate too much candy, drank too many beers, or skipped a few workouts (luckily I still squeezed in 2 runs and some gym time), you might want a few festive moves. Here ya’ go…

• Smashing Pumpkins (aka: ball slam): total-body compound movement especially good for the core, arms, and lats (click HERE for video)
  • Haunted House Decoration (aka: wall squat): an isometric hold in a squat position with your back against a wall – I’d stand still there until a trick-or-treater comes, then move all of a sudden. Guess who’s not yard decor??? ;)
  • Trick-Or-Treater (aka: farmer’s walks): walk with heavy items (candy) in both arms. The walk to each house is a set. Bonus points if you don’t eat the candy along the way… (click HERE for video of farmer’s walks)
  • Running (aka: running): run from scary stuff, but don’t be the dumb girl who goes upstairs to check on the creepy noise
Enjoy your Halloween! How have you celebrated, or how will you celebrate? If you dressed up, what was your costume?

This entry was posted in Fitness, Food and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Happy Halloween

1. Lauren says:

This is fantastic, love the festive moves. I also love that you admitted you didn’t want trick or treaters on a Monday.

2. We had a party on Friday and I dressed up as a flapper. It was pretty fun. :)

3. Krissie J says:

Your costume is cute and funny! I dressed up as a Grecian goddess, the non-slutty kind. The costume was from a few years back and it’s flowy and cute. I was happy to not spend any money this year on Halloween stuff. I’m hoping next year we’ll have a house of our own to host a party in!

4. Sounds like a fun evening. We haven’t done anything for Halloween – we typically don’t. Kind of party poopers I suppose.

5. Dorsa says:

haha you can check my blog for our costume(s) of the weekend haha. I haven’t gotten any candy to give out.. eek I have to make a lunchtime Target trip. I haven’t gotten the candy because every year, we get candy.. and eat half of it before Halloween.. Terrible. So this year I decided, no candy until Halloween!

I know exactly what you mean. I definitely had 3 fun-size treats last night after dinner. I guess that means they were super-duper fun-size.

6. Brittany says:

Sounds like so much fun!! Holidays definitely require a little more indulging but those are good workouts!!

7. Haha love the festive moves, and I love that you were a stag! Sadly I won’t be celebrating Halloween this year, and our plans to go out this weekend were interrupted by the stupid snow storm.

8. haha, your “stag” costume is a cute idea!

9. Love the pictures.. and the stag idea =)
    Happy Halloween!!

10. I was a chef which was an easy costume for me. Yours looks cute and easy!

11. hahah love the halloween moves! very appropriate!!

12. Can’t wait to do some “Trick or Treaters” tonight:)

13. My boo and I stayed home and ordered pizza and watched scary movies! haha Lame but much cheaper (and comfortable) than going out!

That sounds like a lot of fun to me – well, except the “scary” part. I can do Sleepy Hollow, but that’s as scary as I get.

14. I love the Halloween workout moves! I need to use them in my classes! :) Start thinking of some good Thanksgiving moves!

15. Clever! I love it! ha ha. Halloween was so much fun this year! But yes… a little extra gym time will be necessary. :)

16. Great idea with Halloween workout moves! I’ll have to get on those tomorrow since I’ve had wayyyy too many pieces o’ candy today. I was a German beer girl…sorta like Caitlin’s but like she said, she was Bavarian!

17. Loving the festive moves!! Soo fun!!
    I am loving your costume! You look darling! :)

18. Pingback: Turkey Workout | Love, Sweat, and Beers