Happy Halloweeen! I am not too happy that trick-or-treaters will be coming by my house tonight. I mean really, Monday? Ugh. Oh well… I have candy; I’ll put on my big-girl pants and share it.
Today’s post is all about Halloween, though it is a bit random. Enjoy!
1. I went to a costume party on Saturday with fellow bloggers and their significant others. It was a great time! Sadly, Kev couldn’t make it. Since I was “going stag,” I figured I’d dress the part. Get it – I’m a stag??? (Lame, I know.)
2. I had too much of some things, and I didn’t over-indulge in other things. I ate way too much chocolate (Reese’s dark chocolate pumpkins and gooey cocoa cookies), but I didn’t drink too much beer. I alternated between Leinenkugel’s Fireside Brown (good, but definitely not great) and Buckler Non-alcoholic Beer (lager flavor that’s extremely similar to Heineken).
You might be surprised that I drink NA beer. I don’t do it often, but it’s a responsible alternative to a heavy brew. If you’re a beer lover and not a beer snob (nothing against beer snobs), you can find value in a good NA beer.
3. If you ate too much candy, drank too many beers, or skipped a few workouts (luckily I still squeezed in 2 runs and some gym time), you might want a few festive moves. Here ya’ go…
- Smashing Pumpkins (aka: ball slam): total-body compound movement especially good for the core, arms, and lats (click HERE for video)
- Haunted House Decoration (aka: wall squat): an isometric hold in a squat position with your back against a wall – I’d stand still there until a trick-or-treater comes, then move all of a sudden. Guess who’s not yard decor??? 😉
- Trick-Or-Treater (aka: farmer’s walks): walk with heavy items (candy) in both arms. The walk to each house is a set. Bonus points if you don’t eat the candy along the way… (click HERE for video of farmer’s walks)
- Running (aka: running): run from scary stuff, but don’t be the dumb girl who goes upstairs to check on the creepy noise