As you all may remember, blisters kept me out of the gym all week. Bummer! Luckily, they had healed well enough for me to go for a run yesterday. I completed 2.5 miles before completing a 10-minute ExerciseTV workout and my at-home lower body routine.
Lean Leg Routine (It’s cool because it rhymes.)
- *Complete 15-20 reps of each exercise (I mostly did 20) in three sets.
- Fire Hydrants (side leg lifts from table position)
- Bridge Pose with Leg Cross & Extension (booty burner!)
- Donkey Kicks (I straightened my leg and used a resistance band.)
- Lying Leg Lifts/Adductor Lift (inner thighs)
- Regular or Walking Lunges (walking are best)
- Plie Squat with Calf Raise
This week, my workouts were something like this…
- Monday: Exercise TV Warmup, Bootcamp BodyRock
- Tuesday: I Forgot My Cardio (oops), Lean Leg Routine
- Wednesday: 30-min Kickboxing DVD, Arm Work at Home
- Thursday: REST
- Friday: 2.5-mile run, Exercise TV 10-min Cardio, Lean Leg Routine
- Saturday: 4-mile Walk with Kev & Maybe Pilates
I also tried out one of my EAS goodies in a new way. I am going to save the rest of them for on-the-go moments, but I wanted to see how they’d taste in a smoothie.
In goes the spinach…
Mix with a bit of strawberry (or chocolate) Myoplex Carb Control shake – add more (but not quite all) of the shake with a frozen banana…
And get a huge bowl of frothy, smooth goodness! You can’t taste much strawberry, and you can’t taste any spinach. It’s banana with a hint of berry. As stated, I probably won’t be making this again, but it was quite tasty. Not to mention, my ingredients made waaaaay bigger smoothie than I thought they would (especially because of it’s extra froth volume)!
I need to walk with Kev and work to do around the house before we have guests over tonight, so I better get going. Have a great weekend!