I have had something on my mind for a few weeks, and I finally decided to just come out and discuss it with than my wise and insightful readers. (I’m about to ask for your help and advice, so consider yourself buttered.)
- I am thinking of changing the look and backbone of the blog. However, I am not looking to do many (if any) changes to content.
- I would also like to drop the “Wordpress” from my URL. It’s not all that inconvenient, but I’m a bit of a perfectionist.
- Lastly, I’d like to throw up some advertisements. I’ve been happy with readership and company samples, but as a competitive chick, I’m always looking to push to the next level.
So this is where you come in…
Have any of you bloggers had experience with self hosting, creating your own theme/header, or finding sponsors? Is it hard? Expensive? Time consuming? Restricting?
Any advice you can send me via tweet @LoveSweatBeers, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or as a comment to this post would be greatly appreciated.
In other blog news…
I have only tried their products once when I took a sip of my friend’s orange flavored Izze soda. Her soda had a little added something (starts with a “v” and rhymes with “odka”). It was good, but being the beer girl that I am, I decided a sip was enough.
I’m really looking forward to trying these. Many of us have memories of comfort food, but I have a very strong memory of a comfort beverage. I used to love getting grape sodas from mini golf (put-put) vending machines on hot summer days. Mom didn’t let me get them often (thanks Ma!), but they were a real treat. I wonder if Izze can take me down memory lane. (Crossing fingers!)
- Do you have hints, tips, or suggestions for me? Even constructive criticism is welcome!
- Have you tried Izze products? If so, what did you think?
PS: I tried a new brew last night, and I can’t wait to tell you all about it! Maybe that’ll be a good weekend post…