I joined the Dark Side.

Weekends go soooooo fast! After my relaxing night at home with a pizza, a little wine, and a book on Friday, I was ready to get out on Saturday. So here is a recap of my semi-healthy and super-fun weekend…

I enjoyed trashy magazines while getting my hair done (guilty pleasure) and stopped by the beer shop on the way home. Woohoo for fall ales, Oktoberfests, and pumpkin beers!

I then stopped at the pretty grocery store for lunch stuff. Delish! Even Kevin liked it.

After a few hours of boating, (no pics to share), I made the most awesome lasagna for dinner. It was waaaaay better than restaurant lasagna, and it was vegetarian and cheap. Winning!

We then went out around 10 p.m. and had a unique experience. For a buddy’s b-day, the group of us rented a cabana at a rooftop club. Then, believe it or not, we saw Bret Michaels. I didn’t believe it at first until his bodyguard escorted him away from the crowd. So crazy!!!

Can you see his headband??? Did you notice that I joined the Dark Side by going brunette???

Yup – that about summed up my Saturday. It rocked. Sunday on the other hand = chores and grocery shopping, but at least I got leftover lasagna and frozen yogurt!

Even if I had to eat it all by myself since Mr. No Sweets didn’t want any.

What was the best thing you did this weekend?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to I joined the Dark Side.

1. You’re hair looks great girl! Brett Michaels…too funny! Believe it or not my best friends and I tried out for a reality show – we weren’t sure what is was (it was a secret) and we made it to the final rounds when we found out it was The Rock of Love! GROSS – Too funny eh?

We went surfing (awesome) and yesterday did it up at the fancy Hyatt hotel pool! so much fun!

xoxo from Trinidad

2. Klh says:

Saturday and Sunday are the 2 fastest days…boo! Brett Michaels, crazy! Looks like you had a fun wknd! I’d love to see the lasagna recipe if you care to share!?

Katie : )

3. Alexandra says:

Lovin the hair! What a fun weekend– good food, trashy mags, celebrity sightings, can’t beat that! :D

4. Looks like a fun weekend!

5. Love your hair! And I am SOOO excited for Pumpkin ale!! Saranac Pumpkin Ale is the best – it might just be and upstate ny thing, but if you can get ahold of it, you should! LOVE it.

Me too! I probably won’t drink it for a little while, but I went ahead and picked up a 6er of Post Road pumpkin. I did see the Saranac though, so maybe next time.

6. I love pumpkin beers yummy. And I think homemade lasagna is almost always better than restaurant lasagna. I prefer more filling and less pasta. Sounds like you had a great weekend

7. Love the hair! How does your hubby like it? I tried going brunette a few months ago-I thought it looked good but my husband likes me blonde better. Have a great week =)

Thanks! He actually likes it, but he refuses to say if he likes it more than blonde or not. He says it’s good to change it up. I guess that’s a pretty safe answer. haha

8. Cait's Plate says:

You look so beautiful in that first picture of you!! Love the hair :)

9. Anastasia says:

Ahh, pumpkin beers.. one of my favorite things about fall!

You look awesome with dark hair! That is a really great, rich color.

10. You look great with dark hair, girl! I’m a brunette naturally, but I spent most of my teenage years as a blonde before deciding to go back. There’s something about dark hair that I just love :D

11. I love your brunette hair! this is like the 3rd time I’ve seen lasagna today, I’m craving it now badly!

12. Hahha I can’t believe you saw Brett Michaels. That’s funny! Signature headband, of course.

I love the dark hair! Super cute :)

Honestly, best thing I did this weekend was probably just staying in Saturday night, having a hurricane party! hehe

13. Ok girl — I need more info on this pumpkin beer and veggie lasagna! Sounds like a perfect dinner for this coming long Labour Day weekend!

PS – I’m lovin’the dark hair ~ it suits you really, really well!

14. We went to visit friends at their cottage. It was great!

15. Meri says:

I love the getting hair done/ reading trashy magazines combo :) I actually really like the smell of hair dye too… weird, I know. Sounds like you had lots of fun though! And my man doesnt’ really eat sweets either, or when he does its the opposite of the things I like… so I’m on my own haha.

16. Sounds like good times! Have any good pumpkin beer recommendations? I tried it once and was less than happy about it, but I think it might have been the brand–the IDEA sounds way too good to be disappointing. And hair color changes are so fun, woot woot! Way to join the dark side :D

17. Your hair looks gorgeous!! And the best thing I did this weekend was RELAX with my husband! We needed it! :)

18. WAHOO welcome to the “dark” side. I promise you will love it especially for fall!! Looks like it was a lasagna kinda weekend =)

19. Aren’t trashy magazines at the hairdresser the BEST!!?? Have a great week.

20. Allie says:

That lasagna looks DELICIOUS! And I’m loving the brunette! It’s too funny that you stopped by my blog today–my boyfriend is planning to write a post for a few weeks from now reviewing beer and I was telling him about your blog title!

21. Lovin the hair lady! A nice change and perfect for fall :)
    Best thing I did this weekend was relax during the hurricane… it was a nice day surprisingly!

22. Your husband is the only other person I have heard of besides me that has the smallest sweet tooth ever! I just never crave sweets…EVER!

Your hair looks gorgeous by the way! Love the half down half up curled look!

23. Ooh love the new hair!! Looks gorge! Perfect for fall! :)

24. rachel says:

that lasagne looks delicious!! could you share the recipe please?