Oh wow, so much going on right now! I think the holidays are really gearing up eh? My company party is this weekend, and Kevin’s is next week. At least I get a day off from work next week, woop woop! Hmmm, sounds like I’m getting a bit ahead of myself.
Let’s try and reign in some of this excitement with a fun and festive Friday Five post!
1. Sephora, I love you. I don’t often buy skin care/beauty products, but I love sample minis. This sample junkie hit the jackpot this week by purchasing my regular Clinique foundation from Sephora instead of the mall makeup counter. Of course I had to pay shipping, but look at all these extra freebies I got. Squeeeee!! I’m already in love with Ole Henrikson “Pure Truth” Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil and Bvlgari fragrance.
2. We’re already out of biscotti. My “I don’t eat sweets” husband has decided it’s his favorite cookie and has already requested more. Does anyone have any good recipes? I think this white chocolate cashew biscotti may be next on my list after I make this carrot apple bread for Ethan (and the rest of the family) this weekend.
3. It’s an “all the things” Christmas around here. Some years I can’t think of anything I want, but this is not one of those years. Everything catches my eye, and it’s driving me bonkers. Really, everything from these cute pajamas to an elliptical machine. There’s neither room in the house nor the budget for an elliptical, but a girl can dream.
4. Santa! I’m pumped about getting E’s picture taken with Santa this weekend. I wonder if he’s going to pull the beard and giggle or scream his head off? We are definitely going to be one of those families “lying” to their children about Jolly Ole’ St. Nick. Encouraging dreams, creativity, and selfless kindness is something I can get behind, plus I’ll get to eat the cookies he leaves out on Christmas Eve next year.
5. I get to visit a couple newborns this weekend as I drop off some freezer meals with friends. Yay Yay Yay! This reminds me, when you visit a new mom, here’s what you should say:
- “You look amazing. There’s no way you just had a baby!”
- “The baby is so adorable! I just can’t stand the overload of cute!”
- “You are doing such a great job.”
- “I’m on my way over; can I stop and get you anything while I’m out?”
- Nothing. Say nothing else. You’re done. In fact, it’s about time to leave.
There are lots of fun and snarky things on “what not to say” (trust me, I’ve heard many of them!!), but that let above will get you invited back. For the most part, our “village” has been beyond helpful, supportive, and loving.
- Mamas, what’s one of the craziest things a friend or family member said?
- What’s on your Christmas list?