Oh boy, this has been quite a week. Though Ethan hasn’t been to daycare since about 10am Monday morning when they called me to come get him. I’ve made it to work every day, gone to 3 doctor appointments, and have managed to cook dinner every night without pulling my hair out. There has only been 1 minor meltdown, so I call that a win.
My parents were in town this week, so they traded off watching Ethan at the house while I worked from home. Ethan and I are both grateful for them and for my flexible boss. Yay!
Ethan is going back to “school” today since he is feeling better and was totally fever-free yesterday. This is big news since his fever kept burning up to 104 multiple days.
With that bit of good news, we’re back to (somewhat) regularly scheduled blogging…
1. Coffee & Sugar. I was up about 4 times with Ethan before he decided to get me up for the day at 4:15am yesterday (not that he’s slept well any of the nights he has been sick). Major yawn! That called for a little extra coffee and this impulse purchase. I regret nothing.
2. Weight-loss trick. I’m not trying to drop pounds, but I did drop a few this week because Ethan refused to eat. I get time to eat when he’s eating, but if he doesn’t eat, I’m left with no time to finish a meal. This goes back to the cookies; I regret nothing.
3. The non-workout plan. I have only worked out 3 or 4 times. Not this week. The last 3 or 4 weeks!!! It’s killing me. As I said before, I’m not trying to drop pounds, but I like sweating a bit. It’s kinda’ my thing. Not being able to do it due to a sick child, training for the new job, etc. is getting me down. I hope to sneak in a run today on my lunch break, so cross your fingers for me!
4. Thanksgiving. Yeah, it’s next week. How did that happen? I’m excited for it, but I’m totally not ready. We’re hosting again this year, so it’s going to be a BIG grocery trip on Sunday!
5. Black Friday. Yeah, that’s next week too. I don’t even need anything, but I love the people-watching. I just wish Black Friday was still the day to get the deals. I’m not expecting to find a bargain, but that isn’t to say I’m not still hopeful…
- Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Black Friday?