Happy Friday! Can I get a TGIF?!? So grateful for that. It has been quite a week here.
Ethan was home with me Wednesday and Thursday for a slight fever, but instead of taking the day off, I managed to work while chasing him around the house. Exhausting. His home/daycare status remains TBD for today.
I think his fever may just be related to teething. It’s low, and he doesn’t really have other symptoms, aside from refusing to nap and being incredibly irritable. We don’t do much tv time with him normally, but I definitely flipped on cartoons a time or two and just handed him a teething ring.
But onto the five…
1. When your little buddy is sick and doesn’t want to eat his healthy breakfast at home, you head to Starbucks for a muffin… which he still didn’t eat. This reminded me of when my mom and I would drive separately to Starbucks on Friday mornings in high school. We’d both get a nonfat vanilla latte and split a blueberry muffin before heading to our separate destinations.
2. Old Navy is having a big sale on their active wear this week. I got shorts for Kevin and three shirts for me. The one here isn’t all the pregnancy-friendly, but it’s okay for the short-term. I like it now, but I’m going to love it post-baby when it comes down long enough to cover (or mostly cover) my booty. (just like $9 or something)
3. Speaking of active, that wasn’t me yesterday. My foot has a spot that is bugging me, so I’m going to cool it on the walks and elliptical for a week or two. I will still squeeze in time on the stationary bike, and I’ll hopefully be motivated enough to hit the pool.
4. Save a toy! After birthdays or Christmas, I recommend you save a child’s toy if your kid got a lot. I kept a couple in the closet for a rainy day, and I’m glad I did. Ethan is really enjoying his Little People pirate ship that I just whipped out, and if he’d received it when he got all his other birthday stuff, I bet it wouldn’t be getting much attention these days.
5. Ice cream! I had Kevin bring home ice cream last night since he was getting home after Ethan went to bed anyway. (He had a work thing.) Oooooh it was gooooood. I got cheesecake ice cream with brownie mix-in from Marble Slab, and I totally recommend it, or at least the brownie part!
- Favorite ice cream shop? hmmmm, maybe Cold Stone or Spill the Beans in Clemson