Happy Friday! I hope yours is happy, or at least I hope it will be come about 5:00.
I have a tendency to go a little overboard on things, as I’m sure we all do. And here are a few things that have gotten me a little carried away recently.
Obsessions of the Day
- I need to find E a new car seat. I’m sure I have a few weeks before we neeeeed it, but I want it. I want it now. The one I want was back ordered on Amazon, so I’m hitting Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby today to see what I can do. Wish me luck!
- Vegetables. I’ve eaten like a slob the last two days, and I feel gross. Just give me veggies! (Side note, I’ve had fried okra the past two days, so I’m leaning against the fried variety today.)
- Running. It kind of takes over your brain, doesn’t it? I have another long run this weekend, which is kind of exciting. But it’s the 9-mile run, and that’s the length that got my hips all in a tizzy during training for my last half. Fingers crossed this one goes better!
- Orange is the New Black. Kev and I have been binge-watching this, and I’m so mad we just finished season 1 without season 2 to dive into. Ahhhh, the suspense is killing me!
- Saving money. I have failed miserably here, but I’m trying… kinda.
- The Sixties. Before starting Orange is the New Black, Kevin and I were recording this show on CNN. We obviously didn’t live through the 60s, but we didn’t learn much about it in class either. (Neither of our history teachers got that far in the textbook before summer break, so it’s all new and interesting to me!)
- Mom friends. My non-mom friends have invited me to a few fun events recently, but I can’t attend hardly any of them! I’m really happy to be invited, but I’m also really happy to be meeting more mamas who understand the need for 4pm parties (as opposed to 9pm!!)
- Ethan’s first birthday. Never mind that Kevin and I have birthdays next month, it’s all about little E. His big day isn’t even until October, but once I get an idea in my head, everything must be planned, and it must be planned this.very.instant. (BTW, he had blueberry oatmeal this morning.)