I’ve got a quickie post for ya today. It’s a recipe for something I whipped up recently that the whole family enjoyed. Yumness all around!
If I’d thought ahead, I would have gotten out the good camera, but… ummm… I didn’t. My food photography skills aren’t worth the effort anyway. Ha.
- ½ cup freshly grated zucchini
- 2 TBS oats
- 1-2 tsp ground flax
- 1 egg
- 1.3 lb lean turkey (I *think* I used 93%.)
- 1 TBS squeeze tube basil (or dried or chopped fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a baking sheet. Place zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze out excess water. It doesn't need to be completely dry because a little water will help add moisture to the meatballs. We just don't want them soggy.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Just get in there and use your hands. Feel free to throw in a little of whatever else your family likes, like a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, or in my case, a little leftover diced onion.
- Roll the mixture into balls (24 seemed just right - 5 for mom, 5 for dad, 2 for baby, and that exact amount for leftovers). Bake for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
Ground beef and turkey seems to be on sale right now for Labor Day burger grilling. We’re grilling beef burgers Saturday night (turkey usually doesn’t cut it for me), but I may pick up more turkey for another batch of these babies.
- What are you up to this weekend?