Hi friends! It has been a while since the last update, but rather than include a rundown of everything that’s been going on, I’ll mostly stick to a baby update.
We’ve certainly been busy around here. I did extra cleaning (and obviously packing) the week before vacation. Then we visited family in NH the week before last. And finally last week we played catch-up with life (pool, library, gym, the usual suspects).
The trip was good. I enjoyed seeing family, and more so, I enjoyed watching the boys see family, experience boat rides, plane rides, and other vacation fun. Sadly, the baby didn’t sleep and the toddler didn’t eat for what felt like the entire trip. The weather wasn’t so great either. As you can imagine, this leads to a very irritable mommy.
But like I said, on the whole, I think the whole family was very happy for the vacation.
My only take-away tip for traveling with kids: do extra cleaning before you leave. Everyone came home to clean sheets. I was so exhausted after our trip, that I didn’t hardly clean anything for the entire first week we were back. The mountains of laundry were plenty to keep me busy.
- He finally seems into eating. Yay! His favorites are berries, cheese, and bread.
- Adam has been drinking a teenie tiny bit from a sippy cup as well. Another Yay! We’ll keep practicing.
- He’s still belly crawling, but he has gotten a little quicker.
- He can pull up from sitting, but he can’t seem to sit himself up without help.
- Adam has just started taking some baby steps while holding my hands.
- He splashes in the pool and the bath.
- Adam says “Mama” sometimes, and he has said “Dada” and “Uh-oh” a time or two as well.
- Sometimes Adam just starts laughing at seemingly nothing. Ethan and I will be playing cars, and Adam is on the other side of the room scooting around doing his own thing, and then he’ll just start laughing. He is a happy baby!!
I hope y’all are doing well. Enjoy the summer sunshine!!