After a frustrating week, it’s finally Friday, and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve got a date with the hubs tonight, complete with a trip to the hardware store (so romantic). Then I’ve got a date with a new orbital sander all day tomorrow while he’s in class (hints the trip to the hardware store).
Really though – I have good things to share other than news of power tools.
1. Happy Early Birthday to Grandpa! He’s active in his church, his inter-faith group, his busy entertaining schedule, and his walking. His goal for the year is 1,098 miles (3 mi/day), and so far he’s logged 946 of them, which is 154 ahead of schedule. Way to go Gramps!
2. Girls night on Saturday! We’re watching football, drinking beer, and eating cookie dough dip at my place. Touchdown!
3. This dinner. Kevin has a habit of buying “value foods,” such as a large bag of potatoes when he only needed one for a recipe. This leaves the creative one to come up with meals for the rest of the potatoes.
I must say – the creative one found culinary success. I planned to make twice-baked potatoes, but they were too small for that. Instead, they’ve been cubed, roasted, and covered in cheeeeeeeese. Yup, there’s a good bit of broccoli in there too.
4. My race is tomorrow. For the first time ever, I’m not nervous. I guess taking it easy and doing a fun-run has its perks!
I must say, I did better than I thought with it – never having more than half a cup a day. I never thought I could do it, but sometimes you never know what you can do until you put your mind to it… or until you want an excuse to reward yourself with another pint.
- Tell me one of your good Friday things!