February 28th, 2013
Today’s post is a quickie, but there were just a few really small but really good things worth sharing. And by “a few,” I actually mean five.
1. Yesterday’s workout started with a cold, early walk with the hubby. He even carried the flashlight. What a gentleman.
2. Despite the hat hair from my bundled walk, my hair turned out pretty well. Not bad for not even washing it, eh? Good hair days make everything better.
3. I made it out of the health food store for under $30! Woohoo! Lots of natural a/o organic goodies, and I even picked up turkey meatballs for Kev (half a pound free)! Okay… the ice cream wasn’t free, or even on sale, but who can pass up mint chocolate chip???
4. The grocery stop lead to this awesome dinner. Well, Kevin’s was awesome. Mine was just good, but hey – still better than bad!
5. Lastly, Game of Thrones: Season Two finally arrived yesterday. Thanks Netflix! I watched the entire disk last night… oh wait, the jerks only put two episodes on a disk. Sigh… oh well, at least I have something to look forward to. Bring on disk two!
I hope you guys are having a nice Thursday. What’s been making your week special?
September 26th, 2012
It was actually a little chilly on my run yesterday. I’m still not sure how I feel about that yet, but I do know that I had some great fall foods to warm up my insides.
Aren’t I just precious at 5 a.m.???
Snack – salt-free rice cake (pre-workout, which was a run and some pilates)
Breakfast – protein oats with half a diced pear (The pears are good right now, but I prefer the apple combo from last week.)
Snack – roast pumpkin seeds (These are from TJ’s – a bit too salty, but still tasty.)
Lunch – 1 wrap stuffed with baby spinach and 1 bean burger served with 1 cup of low-sodium butternut squash soup (I had a meeting that interrupted lunch, so no picture.)
Snack – planned Kashi pumpkin bars (so good) and an unplanned pear (I was feeling sooooo run down yesterday and really needed the energy.)
Dinner – a clean, low-carb bowl of awesome… lean turkey, white beans, onion, spinach, baby ‘bella mushrooms, a lil’ olive oil, rosemary, pepper, and malt vinegar (Want a recipe? I make this all the time! I served Kevin’s with a cubed boiled potato.)
Dessert – 1 tbs crunchy PB
Don’t forget to check out Peas & Crayons for the What I Ate Wednesday blog-hop party!
- Have you been loving fall foods yet, or are you still savoring the last bit of summer?