March 29th, 2013
Here it is, the wrap-up of my lil’ Vegas trip. Of course I can’t share toooo much. That’s against Vegas law. But I can share a few photos and memories.
We flew out on Thursday, so the time change was in our favor the first night. We didn’t hit it too hard since we had a big day planned on Friday. Scratch that… it wasn’t big, it was HUGE.
We hiked Red Rock Canyon. It was a bit more strenuous than I imagined, but it was so worth the effort!
Clearly the hike was gorgeous, but our trail (Calico Tanks Trail) also ended with a view of Vegas. Cool!
We ended Friday with a club crawl, hitting three clubs on the strip. My favorite was Hyde in Bellagio.
I really didn’t take too many other pictures, well… aside from the food photos I shared yesterday. There was a little gambling, a bit of shopping, a lot of eating, and a TON of people watching.
We also squeezed in a bit of pool time. I had a blast at Wet Republic. We got a cabana, so that made the pool club even more awesome. Bottle service? Yes please!
- Do you have any spring or summer trips on your calendar?
- Do you have today off? Kevin does, but I don’t. Pretty jealous…
January 21st, 2013
This weekend was another for the record books – but not the Facebooks. Nope – what happens in Gatlinburg stays in Gatlinburg. Well… except for what I’m about to share with you now.
Kevin and I rented a large cabin in Tennessee this weekend with 30 of our friends. It wasn’t exactly the healthiest of weekends, but it was fun. There was a bit of junk food,
and blue mountains.
As fun as it was, I’m happy to be hitting the gym today and eating my greens. Bring on the dumbbells; bring on the kale!
- What were you up to this weekend?
December 31st, 2012
Oh, 2012 – how I will miss thee! Between the promotions, vacations, and all-around fun times, I have to admit, this has been a fabulous year. Rather than recap the last 12 months, I think I’ll just review this past weekend.
After a workout and some errands, Kev and I hit the road to visit his parents on Friday. We had fun opening belated Christmas presents and taking a little trip to the Biltmore House.
Of course, we also had fun with a few indulgences, including but not limited to Anchor Christmas Ale and Pad Thai.
The food and the visit were both lovely, but I am so ready to get back on track. I think I’m not alone in saying, Bring it on 2013! Upon our return, Kevin and I hit the grocery store, and I loaded up on produce, like the collard greens below.
That’s a lotta’ greens! I made an altered version of my cabbage, kale, quinoa casserole last night with the collards, but don’t worry – I saved the remaining greens for New Years day.
- Anyone else eat collard greens and black eyed peas for luck on New Years Day?
- Who has plans tonight?
November 30th, 2012
It’s finally Friday! As if you didn’t know that… Has this week gone slowly for anyone else? It was just dragging by for me. Here’s a rundown of 5 things for Friday.
1. Clean Shepherd’s Pie with Leftover Turkey
I originally wanted to share #1 as a full-out recipe, but I kept getting distracted by other things. By now you should not have any turkey leftover to make it anyway, so let me just say it was good. Really good.
2. Vegas, Baby!
I booked my Vegas vacation this week. I’m not going until the spring, but Orbitz had a deal. I’ve never been before, so I’m pumped to see what all the hype is about.
3. Speaking of Vegas – I bought a very girly and very Vegas-appropriate dress.
Too bad this thing won’t be appropriate anywhere else…
4. Speaking of girly – I’m girly again!
I had a hair appointment last night, so I got to indulge in 2 guilty pleasures, complimentary wine and girly health magazines. Oh, and I also got my nails done this week. They’re glitter!
5. I’m cracked out on crackers.
Kevin’s mom brought these when she came for Thanksgiving, and now I’m hooked.
- Got a Friday Five? Even a Friday One?
August 21st, 2012
Ever made a broad assessment based on unfounded, stereotypical claims? Well I’m about to make one. I hope you all can appreciate this post for its entertainment value and not its sincerity, or lack thereof.
What I Love About Europe
- Appreciation for quality – as seen in the older architecture that hasn’t crumbled
- Simple eats – How can a simple bread & salami sandwich taste so amazing?
- Little flush – Just a tinkle? There’s a water-conserving flush for that.
What Makes Me Laugh In Europe
- Terrible beds – We often stay in cheaper places, but I’ve felt “firm” taken to the extreme.
- Veggie-less traditional eats – Europeans eat plenty of veggies, but they can be hard to come by in restaurants.
- Towels (and often toilet paper) double as exfoliators – no need to pack scrubbing body wash
Uh, this is a double?
A Few Travel Essentials…
- Cotton Dress (so versatile & packable)
- Solid Clothing (best in photographs)
- Crocks Sandals (Leanne loved ‘em too on her India trip.)
- Restaurant List (get off the beaten path, or at least away from the tourist traps)
- Clinique Face Wash (best stuff ever & bonus gift is perfect for travel size)
- Good Travel Book with Map (so far, I’m loving Fodor’s)
Okay… that’s enough travel for a while. Check back in tomorrow for the WIAW blog party.
- What are some of your travel essentials?