Woahmygoshit’sfinallyFriday!!! As you can imagine, I’m pretty excited. Kevin and I have a double-date on tap for tonight, so that should be fun. He has class tomorrow, but I have a full day planned for myself. It includes:
Long walk or spin class (monitoring the HR of course)
Trip to the mall or Babies R Us or Destination Maternity (so many options – so little time!)
Laying out for a wee bit while reading my latest library book (squeeee!)
Baking a blackberry cobbler (my favorite!)
Don’t you just feel awful for me given this arduous to-do list???
If you didn’t win, you can still use the discount code I mentioned in the giveaway post. Yes folks, we’re all winners here.
Let’s see, I’ve covered fun, food, and so now it must be time for fitness. If you’re like me, fitness often falls into the “fun” category too, but let’s not nit-pick. I mentioned a move when I posted my new workout routine, but I didn’t post a description. This video clip should help.
Got it? As the belly grows, I don’t think pushups will be an option. I’ve gotta get them in while I can! This move works the chest, back, and core. It’s a good one!
Tell me something food, fun, or fitness related you’ve got going on today or this weekend!!!
This week was sooooo slow for me. I don’t even have many big plans going on this weekend, but I know I’ll find a few things to get into.
Here’s a quick little post about five things making me happy this week.
1. My workouts were ballin’ this week. I was doing great, even with the “easy” day on Tuesday of yoga and a shorter walk. This was my last week of the plan I described a week or two ago, and I’m glad I could go out with a bang. If you’re not a beginner and are looking for a new workout routine, I recommend this one!
2. I got a new dress in the mail! Okay, I can’t really be all that excited about it since it’s a bridesmaid dress, but it reminds me of how excited I am to share my friend’s special day.
3. I’ve been needing some beach. I know “need” sounds a bit dramatic, but I wish I were kidding. Luckily, we had some good weather this week that allowed me to enjoy a few lunches and a few walks outdoors. It may not be sandy, but at least I’m getting some sunshine!
Oh spring break, how I miss thee!!!
4. Speaking of beaches, is it margarita-thirty yet? I’m starting the weekend right- happy hour with my girls! We chose a Mexican place with a patio, so bring on the salsa!
Dos Equis, always a winner
5. Two Words: Cookie Dough! I was in the mood for cookie dough yesterday (when am I not?), and I just happened across Averie’s recipe. Hmmm, perhaps it was her recipe that got cookies on my brain? Either way, in an effort to not eat raw eggs since I hear that’s frowned upon these days, I was happy to find her vegan recipe.
I halved and modified it just a bit, and I was quite pleased! Note, mine’s not vegan since I used dark chocolate chips instead of cacao nibs or her mentioned “chocolate.”
In my food processor, I processed 1/3 c raw cashewsand 1/6 c old fashioned oatsinto a powder. I added and processed 1 TBS maple syrup, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and about 1/2 tsp water. I then added about 1/6 c dark chocolate chips and processed just a wee bit more. Lastly, I dipped the tops in a bit of sugar. Hey, if it works for muffins, right?
My modifications made for 5 cookie dough balls. I ate three and saved two for Kevin. Yes… that sounds totally fair to me.
Ahhhh yes, more of the obligatory green is taking over your screen. What else would you expect after St. Patrick’s Day? I celebrated on Saturday instead of Sunday with a trip to the US National Whitewater Center. Fun place. Good beer.
We met up with friends, watched them dye the river green, and listened to Tim Reynolds. ‘Twas a good day for jamming.
Kevin and I hit up Mexican on the way home for dinner. Not festive, but yummy!
On Sunday, things were back to normal. “Sunday Funday” is not a term often heard at this house. Kevin completed a final exam while I cleaned out my closet. It was a huge undertaking!
The last bit of celebrating was done at dinner. I made Kevin roast cabbage, roast red potatoes, and corned beef. I’m no corned beef fan, so I stuck with pasta. Hey, at least the spinach was green, eh?
Now it’s back to workouts and veggies. Bring on the week!
Did you celebrate St. Patty’s? Did you at least wear green?
Exhausted. That’s the first word I’d pick to describe myself right now. This picture of Cleo shows exactly how I feel. She’s totally passed out, but she’s still got a content little grin on her face. (What? You know you give your pets people-like expressions too.)
I was up early Saturday with a lot on my to-do list. Remember that barre video I linked to in Friday’s post? I recommend you check it out if you’re into that kind of thing.
I did these two videos back-to-back on Saturday morning. Though I wasn’t sore after, my quads were definitely feeling it!
After a couple errands, Kevin and I drove up to Raleigh to meet some friends. They’re getting married in a few months; aren’t they cute??? All of us got to watch the Hurricanes beat the Panthers. Go Canes! (my first NHL game)
Sunday was the usual- cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, and my favorite show, 60 Minutes. I whipped up some tasty stuff though, including some awesome muffins, which I will share with you tomorrow, my lunch for the week, and this awesome dinner. Winnner!