Yesterday was one of these days:
Since I spent half the day in my pantry (and the other half in my fridge), I began thinking about recent yum things. I didn’t write down any recipes, but since I think a lot of readers check out “healthy living blogs” or “food blogs” for meal inspiration as much or more so than actual recipes, I thought it was still worth a share. We always tweak to our liking anyway, right?
Here are some easy-peasy eats as of late:
1. I roasted red potatoes on one baking sheet with salt, pepper, olive oil, oregano, and poultry seasoning. On another baking sheet, I roasted the asparagus with the same spices/seasonings. When the asparagus was half-done, I took out the sheet, turned the spears, and threw on rinsed/drained chickpeas before returning it to the oven.
It was a cheap and easy dinner since the asparagus was on sale. Yup, ate the veggies first.
2. I’ve been loving Katie’s mug muffin recipe lately. If Ethan doesn’t finish his sweet potato, carrots, butternut squash, apple, pear, or pumpkin, I throw a TBS of it into a single-serve muffin, complete with chocolate chips of course. These things sub well for butter in many muffin recipes.
3. Oh, and these were yummy too – baked vegetable quesadillas. I used La Tortilla Factory low-carb wraps (8g protein per wrap!) and preheated the oven to about 375F or something. Spread a thin layer of fat-free refried beans on the bottom, top with diced/sautéed bell pepper and zucchini, and top that with 2% Mexican blend cheese. Top with final tortilla, and bake until cheese oozes out of the side (about 8-10 minutes).
Best if served with good beer, such as Lagunita’s “A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale” - mmmm!!!
- What have you been loving lately?
- Do you follow recipes or just tweak as you go?