Here’s a little tip for ya, don’t start an added-sugar detox as you start PMS week. Just sayin’. All I wanted to do yesterday was eat, eat, and eat some more. It was a borderline hangry day, but at least I kept the sweet tooth at bay with fresh, wholesome fruit!
Thanks Jenn for the WIAW linkup party! Be sure to swing by Peas & Crayons for other blogger eats n’ recipes.
Breakfast: non-protein oats (Whaaaa??? My protein has 2g sugar/scoop, so I skipped it.) oats, cinnamon, ginger, 1/2 banana, pecans
Snack: 1/2 banana & pb
Lunch: salad with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snap peas, goddess dressing, and hummus… followed not long after by a couple handfuls of tortilla chips
Snack: 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt with strawberries and then 2 slices deli cheese later in the day (was sooooo wanting to grab a packaged granola bar!)
Dinner: Power Bowl (recipe below) – leftover from the night before
Dessert: watermelon (yum!!)
- Cook 1/2 onion and 1 small sliced parsnip with a spritz of olive oil in a large pan.
- Once softened, add lean ground turkey (1.3 lbs) and cook through.
- Pour in low-sodium chicken broth (about 3/4 cup maybe?) and start tearing and adding kale (about 3 cups, or as much as you can stand!). Next, add can of rinsed, drained chickpeas.
- Toss in garlic powder (1/4 or 1/2 tsp) and dried rosemary (maybe 1 tsp). Continue cooking, mostly covered with some stirring until kale is wilted.
- Ever have fruit for dessert?