There has been quite a bit going on lately. I love and hate it at the same time. I had family in town a week or two ago, which was great. (Ethan loves his Great Grandpa!)
This weekend we went to visit Kevin’s family south of the border (aka: South Carolina). It’s always good to see relatives and to catch-up a bit, but I’m happy to be home. (Oh, I also squeezed in an interval run, 0.5 mi slow, 0.5 mi fast)
Now onto today’s topic, the weekly meal plan. Though things always seem to come up, here’s the general idea for the week.
- Breakfast of banana and almond butter toast
- Later snack of coffee and almonds (Too many almonds?)
- Lunch of chicken sausage, bell pepper strips, and a piece of fruit
- Snack of Greek yogurt (and most likely something else, along with dessert after dinner)
- Sunday – butternut squash risotto and side salad (this came out really well and is pictured below, I used slightly less broth than the recipe called for)
- Monday – braised (or roasted) chicken breast with leeks and side salad
- Tuesday – salmon burgers and side green beans
- Wednesday – more salmon burgers because TJs didn’t have poblano peppers for the recipe I wanted to make
- Thursday – Mexicorn bean hot mess of yum
- Friday – play it by ear, maybe out or maybe TJ’s frozen Mandarin orange chicken
Oh, and if you follow my on Instagram, you’ll also know that Ethan had his first taste of sweet potatoes today. If you watched the video, you’ll know how much he loved them. Such a cutie!!
- Do you meal plan?
- Would you like seeing meal planning posts like this?
- Shameless Plug: Follow me on IG, Twitter, and Bloglovin!