Body After Baby: Month Two

Oh wow – where did the month go?  Although November has come and gone, I think my baby weight is still kicking around.  Ethan hit two months on Tuesday, so it’s time for another “Body After Baby” update.

2 months

Since the weight fell off in the beginning, I was totally slack this month.  Note to self, it’s not falling off anymore!

decemberOf course, stress eating, engorgement, and Thanksgiving didn’t do me any favors.  When I went to the doc the Monday before Thanksgiving, I weighed in at my pre-preg weight, but that wasn’t my pre-pie weight.  ;)  It also wasn’t my usual scale.

december

Here’s a run-down of what has happened so far:

• Total pregnancy weight gain – 26 lbs (Remember, Ethan came early.)
  • One week weigh-in – down 12 lbs (12 total)
  • One month weigh-in – down 5 lbs (17 total)
  • Two month weigh-in – down 1 lb (18 total)
  • Remaining – 7 or 8 lbs to go!
  • Goal Date – January 1 (This may need revising, but I’m flexible.)

2 monthsOn the bright side, I feel like I can resume workouts now.  They may not be all-out, but they’ll be more than the neighborhood stroll.  Wish me luck finding the time!

• Did November fly by for anyone else?

This entry was posted in Baby and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Body After Baby: Month Two

1. Lady, you look AMAZING — if I didn’t know, I would have never guessed that you just had a baby. Enjoy the holidays and don’t stress about those last vanity pounds — you really do look great.

2. You do look amazing! I think once you get back into working out you’ll feel better. I hope my baby weight will come off as fast as yours did!

3. cottercrunch says:

um wow, you had a baby? can’t tell! you look great

4. You look amazing! I never would have known you just had a baby! Wow.

5. You look awesome Tiff! You can’t even tell you had a baby!

6. Caitlin says:

Holy crap I better look like this 2 months after giving birth!

7. 7 or 8 POUNDS TO GO!!! Girl you look right back to normal!! I can’t even imagine more weight coming off of you!! You already look like you have a six pack!!

8. November definitely flew by!
    Great job on the baby weight! You look great, Tiff!

9. You look great! It does fall off in the beginning and I definitely glad for that because having to lose weight and having crazy hormones does not mix well! :)

10. Anastasia says:

I find it disturbing that you are so concerned about your weight so soon after having a baby.

11. Michelle says:

Granted I’m a good 10 years older than you…. *sob*… but I randomly lost about 10lbs in the past month and I’m now under my pre-pregnancy weight. Some woman hold on to that weight when breastfeeding/because of hormones — so you might be surprised with your body in the next month or two. (you still have the linea nigra – so you most definitely still have postpartum hormones swimming around in your body – fyi)

That said – you look great and Ethan is super cute :) Hope you guys had a great first Thanksgiving!

I was wondering when that line might disappear. It looked cute on my pregnant self, but it can hit the road any day now! Ha

• I’m the same. I had read so many times that breast feeding causes the pounds to melt away, but I totally did not see that. It took me months and very hard work at the gym and bootcamp! Ever body is so different.
      My linea nigra lasted for about 5 months! haha!
      PS- you look absolutely fabulous

12. Ashley says:

You look great, Tiffany. I wouldn’t be so hard on yourself to get it all off in the next month though. I’m a firm believer that if you’re active and eating well (i.e. NOT restricting calories, but listening to your body and eating intuitively), that it’ll come off when it’s good and ready. I lost a bunch of weight initially, and then my weight settled for another few months, and then randomly another 8 pounds dropped off when I was on VACATION eating like a crazy person. So just listen to your body and keep active, and you’ll do great.

13. Nikki says:

Looking great, Mama! You are doing so well! :)

14. Jen says:

you look AMAZING! hot mama for sure!