It’s Fridayyyyyy! Yayyyyy! How was everyone’s Halloween? Mine was quiet but good. We got the “boo-rito” deal at Chipotle and showed Ethan off to a few of our neighbors. Have you ever seen such a cute little frog? I kissed him, but he was already a little prince.
Anyway – onto Friday Five…
1. All these nighttime feedings have me hungry hungry hungry at crazy hours. My latest midnight snack (or 2 am, 4 am, or just take your pick) has been these things. So delicious!
Speaking of food: I can’t quit eating. Seriously y’all – this is getting ridiculous. I’m not really trying to lose weight because I’m already having issues with milk supply (obviously feeding the little man takes priority), but I’m always hungry. I know breastfeeding burns mega calories, but geeeeeze – it’s like I’m pregnant again, or worse!
2. I thought I’d be taking little walks by now for exercise. Nope. C-sections are a *!&!$@. I feel okay most of the time, but when I start walking too much or doing too many chores (not that I really have time for housework anyway), my incision hurts all over again.
3. My little man turned four weeks old yesterday. Time flies when your days and nights run together.
4. I am so grateful for my friends. As I said Wednesday, one sweetie came and helped me out earlier this week. Another new mommy came over yesterday to discuss the joys and the hardships of having a newborn. Her little angle is only a few weeks older than Ethan, so I see play dates in our future!
5. Kevin and I had a nice weekend (am I really just now recapping this?). We took Ethan out for the first time by hitting up a local bar for happy hour on Friday. I ordered Highland Brewing Co’s Gaelic Ale. It’s a great beer. Malty (but not too much), hoppy (but not too much), bitter (but not too much), yet still very full-bodied.
- Anything been consuming your life at the moment?
- How was your Halloween?