Sleep is at an all-time low this week, which has lead to a bit of extra R&R throughout the day. By R&R, I mean resting, reading, and cat naps.
But I’m still hitting the gym and trying to stay moderately active during the day with chores, errands, and the like. Though I had to skip the gym Monday, I’ve been having some good workouts on the other days.
Here’s what my workouts have been looking like lately:
- Just because I am pregnant and feel comfortable with this routine doesn’t mean it’s for everyone. Check with your doctor, and rest as needed!
- None of the exercises put you on your back, and none are jarring (ie: jumping jacks).
- I challenge myself but don’t lift too heavy. I shoot for a challenging 10-15 (sometimes even 20) reps per set, and most all exercises are done in 3 sets.
- In my opinion, bird dog, squats, swimming, and yoga are all great prep for delivery.
- I have to put my knees on a bosu ball during pushups to keep my belly from hitting the floor, which is one example of how basic exercises often need modifications.
- I haven’t purchased ANY maternity workout clothes. That’s a maternity black cami that I occasionally wear to the gym, but the rest is all my old gear.
Don’t get me wrong – I’m still totally taking advantage of these when possible. Hey, pregnancy has gotta’ have some perks!
- Got weekend plans? Share!