This is a slightly crazy morning. It feels kind of silly saying that given how much free time I have these days, but nevertheless, it’s craycray up in here.
Lastly, it’s Kevin’s turn to bring in breakfast this morning. His work group alternates Friday breakfasts. Sure, that sounds cute and all… unless you’re the spouse who has to get up and cook it. Yawwwwwn.
With all these happenings, let’s just say I’m happy I’ve been saving this recipe for you. It’s quick, easy, and delicious.
- fresh okra, washed and sliced
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place okra on foil and spray with olive oil until lightly coated. If you lack a mister, use approximately 1 TBS olive oil per 3 handfuls of sliced okra. Feel free to use your hands to make sure oil is dispersed.
- Spread out the okra so that it is not touching and sprinkle lightly with sea salt (to taste).
- Roast okra in oven for 10 minutes. Take out and stir or shake. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes. The cooking times are approximate depending on how well-done you like your veggies.
Okra is a late-summer veggie. One cup of raw okra has a mere 31 calories per cup, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein, 8% DV calcium, 4% DV iron, and 35% DV of vitamin C. Scoop some up before it’s too late!