I hope this week is going by quickly for you. It’s moving right along for me, which is surprising given that this weekend is a long weekend. Usually weeks drag before a holiday.
By the way, I’m sprinkling in a few photos from yesterday. The day started off with strength and swim sessions. (I took a swimsuit pic too, but it was to silly-looking to post.)
I have so many things I want to share that I didn’t know about pregnancy before pregnancy, but I’ve narrowed it down to 10. Perhaps some of you will find the list helpful, relatable, or even comical.
- Not only your belly grows. Hello cellulite! I don’t mind a big belly. Bumps are cute! It’s the expanding thighs, swollen cheeks, etc. that are little disheartening.
- Every pregnancy is different. There is no normal.
- Alcohol and sushi aren’t the only things off limits. More no-go foods are listed here, but a few of which include certain types of fish, party or buffet foods, deli salads, deli meat, sprouts, and unpasteurized “freshly squeezed” juice.
- It’s kind to ask a pregnant lady how she’s feeling. I didn’t really know what to say to preggos before, but it turns out that a simple, “How are you feeling?” is quick, easy, and thoughtful.
- Workouts don’t work for everyone. As I’ve noted before, this is a hard one for me, but I’m getting used to the idea and have adapted my routines accordingly.
- People don’t randomly grab your belly. At least they haven’t started reaching for mine – thank goodness! I hate it when people touch my tummy, so I was worried this was going to be an issue.
- You’re not “eating for two.” It’s a time to stock up on Doritos and Bon Bons, right? (Do they still even sell Bon Bons?) Not so much. In fact, a fetus doesn’t require all that many extra calories.
- People give very unwanted and unsolicited advice. Sorry. Just slap on a smile even when they’re being incredibly hurtful or just ignorantly rude.
- It takes a while to look pregnant. I kept wondering early on when I’d start showing. I mean, I gave up beer – I wanted something to show for it! Plus, when the belly first started, it was a little more smooshy, which also worried me. Don’t worry! It will grow and firm up a bit, but it doesn’t happen overnight.
- I didn’t know how much I could love someone I’ve never even met.
I hope I’m not weighing you guys down with preg stuff. I get questions here and there, and I like addressing them. Plus, before I was expecting, I didn’t even know what to ask.
Oh, and the above pics are last night’s dinner. I made my version of Laura’s cauliflower crust pizza. Yum!!! Kevin and I both enjoyed it, but we were both still hungry after dinner even though I tripled then split the recipe. Hey – I’ll take any excuse to have a lil’ ice cream at night!
- Today’s post: TMI?
- Ever made a cauliflower crust pizza?