Did yesterday feel like Friday to anyone else? Oh well, today is Friday, and that’s all that really matters. Before heading off to the gym today, I want to share my workout from yesterday.
Swimming is supposed to be great for preggos, and being able to squeeze into my one piece was all the motivation I needed to get my butt to the pool. (Ha – no pictures of that!) I began with 30 minutes of cardio. (5 min swim, 5 min walk laps, 5 min swim, etc.) Swimming felt normal, which is great, and pool walking always feels great for my knees, feet, hips.
I stayed in the pool to complete my strength session, which took about 25 minutes. Do each superset (the 2 listed exercises), recover, and do it again a total of three times. Then move onto the next superset. In total, this took about 25 minutes.
- The noodle leg lifts were adapted from this FitPregnancy move. Put noodle behind your back, and lean back slightly with feet on bottom of pool. With legs straight, use abs to pull feet up to the surface; hold for three counts. Lower, and repeat.
- For sweeping deadlift, hold a water dumbbell in front of you with straight arms (right hand on weight, left hand over it to fit). Bend forward at the waist keeping back straight, and raise right leg straight behind you. As you swing your straight right leg under you (to standing position), use your back muscles to pull the weight down in front of you as well with straight arms and a flat back. Do all reps before switching sides.
- Squat down a bit in the water until it comes to your shoulders. Push down two water dumbbells, one in each hand, as if you were doing dips on parallel bars. These are pretty easy, so keep reps high.
- Do swinging leg lifts one leg at a time. Standing upright,raise right leg quickly out to the side and quickly return it back to start. After you complete reps, switch sides. Focus not only on your lower body but also your core stabilization.
- Imagine lateral raises with dumbbells. For lateral downs, hold water dumbbells at or just below the surface in the up position, and press down instead of raising up.
- Check out this FitPregnancy link for info on the cross-country ski. I was skeptical at first, but it felt good and not at all jarring.
One thing’s for sure, pool workouts = hungry! Sure I refueled with a healthy breakfast, but later I met my mama for a lunch date. Bring on the noodles!
Oh, and this is just because I felt like sharing it. Leia loves belly! (I don’t let her walk all over me, and her heaviest parts aren’t actually pressing on her little brother. No worries, just sibling bonding.)