California

I had just started this blog near my first trip to CA.  Feel free to check out a couple of these oldies for a chuckle.  Anyway… this time, I didn’t win a trip, Kevin and I were out there for a wedding.

bride

Isn’t she purdy???

We arrived in San Francisco on Wednesday, and we had a lovely bachelorette party dinner at Heirloom Cafe before turning in for the night at The Palace Hotel.  I recommend both places.  (Sadly I couldn’t stay out for the dancing shenanigans – darn time the change and prego problems!)

palace     streetcar

On Thursday, we did a bridesmaid brunch before splitting up to explore.  Kevin and I hit up Palace of the Fine Arts, Fisherman’s Wharf, the Ferry Building, Ghiradelli Square, and Pier 39.  I really recommend Fog Harbor Fish House on Pier 39, which is where we had dinner.  Amazzzzing clam chowder!

wharf     kev

On Friday, we left the city for the rehearsal picnic lunch at Armstrong State National Reserve.  The redwoods were enormous!

redwood     redwood

Kevin and I made sure to hit up a couple wineries after the picnic, including Joseph Swan and Kendall Jackson.  At my request, we also stopped in at Russian River Brewing Co.  Though I could only have a sip of Pliny the Elder, I still think it was worth the stop.

kendall jackson     russian river

Saturday was wedding day!  Since I was in the wedding and unable to snap photos, I don’t have pictures yet.  Hopefully the photographer will have some good ones.  We spent Saturday at more wineries.

cuvaison     freemark abbey

The best wife ever award goes to me!  As we drove from the Santa Rosa/Calistoga area back to San Francisco, I drove Kevin to 6 wineries.  Best wine = Hall.  Best view = Cuvaison.  Most chill atmosphere = Alpha Omega.

CA     wine

Wow… that was a long post.  Thanks for hanging in there!

• Have you ever been to San Francisco or Napa/Sonoma?
  • Are you a fan of wine tastings?

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to California

1. Jessie says:

You are absolutely glowing! Such a beautiful momma to be <3

2. I absolutely love San Francisco and California, in general. What a beautiful bride and momma to be!

3. Well it’s good to know that visiting wineries and breweries is still fun, even when you can’t drink!! I’m impressed.
    Glad you had a nice trip (I think California is a great place to visit, not live…..it’s gorgeous, but congested!)

4. MIzFit says:

BIG ASS WAVES FROM OAKLAND!!!

xo

5. I’m obsessed with Cali. I really want to move out there, but it’s so expensive ! I’ve only been to southern Cali though, and I’m dyyyyying to go to northern. Especially for the winery’s :D

6. You seriously look so fantastic and the photos are beautiful. You definitely should win wife of the year for touring Kevin around to wineries!
    I’ve been to SF a couple times and love it. However, I don’t like wine so have never been to the wineries! It’s a shame because e have some amazing ones in the okanagan and we go there at least once a year!

7. Lindsey says:

We went to San Francisco in summer 2011 and loved it! I want to go back very bad.
    I never used to be a huge wine drinker but started to drink it more and more the past couple of years so I would love wine tastings more now than before, when we were in that area we never went on any – craziness!

8. One of my goals in life is to get out to California, it seriously just looks so gorgeous! Eric and I have considered just flying to the North end, renting a car and driving our way through.

9. Lisa says:

California is so beautiful, I absolutely love it there.
    I kind of want to move there actually.
    And I love your blue dress – so cute.

10. Looks like a great time, I have never spent a ton of time in CA, but would love to someday. Super jealous of getting to see the redwoods, I was just telling Kristy (@pghrunner) how jealous I was she just had a vacation and got to see some big trees!

Wine tastings are fun, we have so many wine trails around us here in NY but personally I’d rather buy a few bottles of different things and have people over and do it at home in a more relaxed fun and safer environment. I mean people drinking wine all day, and you know that not everyone gets a DD or a limo….I worry about those things.

11. This is beautiful! I have never been but I’ve always wanted to go. I have some friends who live in Santa Rosa and it’s been on my to do list forever. Oh, and you definitely get the best wife ever award. So sweet to drive your man around to all those wineries :)

12. Kelli H says:

I am SO sad I missed you while you were here! Stupid twitter Direct Messages! They never alert me. I need to look into my settings.

I’m glad you had a good trip out here. I’m just sad you weren’t able to taste all the wonderful wines and do a proper tasting at RRB. I’m surprised you got into RRB! Every time I’ve tried in like the last year there is always a ridiculously long line/wait, so we just go somewhere else. Glad you enjoyed Pliny the Elder! It’s definitely a great beer. :)

I’ve never been to any of the wineries you visited, except Kendall Jackson, since it’s so close to my work! We did a job for Alpha Omega winery though at my work, so I should really get out there.

I know, right? Such a bummer I didn’t get in touch sooner, but I had no idea how demanding the wedding schedule would or wouldn’t be. RRB was a good stop though! ;)

13. Looks like a great trip! i want to go to napa sooo badly! i LOVE wine tastings! and you look gorgeous by the way!! pregnancy is really agreeing with you!

14. How fun! San Fransisco is beautiful, but I would LOVE to go to Napa someday. Looks like you guys had a great time!

15. Yes! I prefer Sonoma over Napa, though. This year, we are planning on going to Temecula because it’s a short drive from L.A. where a friend of mine is getting married. I used to do many, many in-home Wine Tastings, so of course I adore them!

Cheers~

16. Nikki says:

This sounds like it was a perfect wedding weekend for her! What a gorgeous place. Glad you enjoyed it, regardless of the prego probs :) Pretty pictures, dear!

17. I went to San fransisco when I was younger with my family but don’t really remember it. I would love to go back again now and visit wineries!

18. Couldn’t think of a better way to visit California!

19. Wow…amazing trip Tiff! :-) I dont know if visiting wineries while preggers would be fun…more like torture.. lol Great wife!
    You look amazing!
    xoxo from Trinidad

20. I’m dying to go to San Fran/Napa Valley! I’m hoping it’s our next trip. My husband really wants to go to Russian River, so that’s how I’m getting him out there. Thanks for sharing all your suggestions.

21. What a beautiful bride and great location for a wedding!! I love San Fran & Napa – actually, I’m going there next weekend for a short girls weekend. Can’t wait to see some photos of you in your bridesmaid dress. Guess it really is wedding season, huh? :)

22. Wow–you were able to squeeze in a lot of stops–that’s awesome. Looks like a beautiful wedding, with gorgeous weather, too!

23. I LOVE that wedding dress! I am a huge fan of lace and it looks so pretty and classy.

24. I <3 California! I've always wanted to go to San Francisco. I've only been to LA.