WIAW After Vacation

Veggies, veggies, and more veggies!  My diet wasn’t so healthy in CA, so it feels sooooo good to re-stock the fridge with the good stuff.  Be sure to check out Peas & Crayons for more blogger eats and treats.  (I betcha’ you’ll see a lot more veggies there too!)

rostock    wiaw

Breakfast: 1/2 apple in protein oats and some Good Belly green drink

oats

Snack: chia bar (wouldn’t recommend these, but not bad)

chia

Lunch: soup (not seasonal but delicious)

soup

Snack: 1/2 apple and pb, topped off with some Post bran cereal

snack    cereal

But then I was hungry again, so I went for some Biscoff cookies from Delta and decaf English breakfast tea.

cookie

Dinner: Kevin and I were both craving green things, so I made us each a big Mediterranean salad.  Yum!

salad

Ahhh, I feel better already!  ;)

• What’s the best thing you’ve eaten lately?
  • Did you get your veggies over the holiday?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to WIAW After Vacation

1. Jessie says:

I’ve been wondering about those chia bars, so thanks for the little review! Have you tried other flavors, or just the chocolate pb?

I’ve tried a berry one and a coconut one too. They’re not bad, but they’re really not very good either. haha

• Ttrockwood says:

I actually LOVE the coconut health warrior bars! I crumble one into a greek yogurt as a snack and stay full for hours……

2. MIzFit says:

I think that is whan I FINALLY knew I was an intuitive eater too!
    when I cravvvvved the veggies.
    it shocked me :-)

3. I love the feeling of stocking up my fridge with veggies after vacation!

The best thing I’ve eaten lately was probably homemade pizza. :D

4. Not a fan of those chia bars either for some reason! And I agree…there is nothing better than stocking up and reloading on on your favorite foods after vacation!

5. Love getting back to a routine after the holidays…. it always feels so good. I’ve been loving sandwiches, lately. We have garden tomatoes and that with avocado makes for the perfect sandwich! Happy WIAW!

6. I know what you mean- it always feels so good to get back to healthy eating after a vacation or a break from it. Looks like a yummy day!

7. Lindsey says:

We had a really yummy date night supper the other night and the flourless chocolate cake we had for dessert was pretty darn tasty so I will say that is that best thing I have ate lately.
    I try hard to eat my veggies on holidays but it is tough. At home I make sure I either eat one big salad a day or have a bag of veggies as a snack but holidays that is harder to do.

8. Nothing better than a healthy, stocked fridge after vacation! Give me alll the veggies :D

9. Actually it was crazy by saturday – both my boyfriend and i were CRAVING salads. that isnt odd for me, i usually eat one every day- but its almost unheard of for him. we both really indulged over the holiday, so we were both craving some greens. i think it also had something to do with the heat though, i love summer for that reason :)

10. I crave veggies…especially bell peppers :)

11. So even though it’s summer and super hot, you’ve now got me craving butternut squash soup ;-) always my favourite! And I loaded up on fresh produce at the farmers market last weekend, which was awesome. The best thing I’ve eaten lately would have to be the baklava I had last Saturday!

Ha, I know right? Totally not soup season! It was in my pantry, and I couldn’t get to the store until after work. Gotta’ love pantry staples!

12. I made falafels for the first time last night and they were pretty darn good!!! Just labour intensive!!

13. I love butternut squash soup! I usually eat it in the winter and add steamed cauliflower and nutmeg in it.

14. I tried my best to get veggies over the weekend since we spent so much time grilling. Grilled veggies are the best!! Love that big salad–it looks so good!

15. I love love love Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Soup! So yummy and amazing! I eat it all the time, I don’t care if its “seasonal!”

I often keep it in my pantry, which is great since I couldn’t get to the grocery store until after work. Gotta’ love pantry staples!

16. I LOVE when shopping carts look like that!! That makes me smile :).

17. Food shopping is most fun when there’s a truly empty fridge to fill. And I SO get you on craving produce after a few more indulgent or heavier meals/days.
    One of the best things I’ve eaten recently was my first pizza in a long time – made from scratch and so good.

18. Biscoff cookies are why I fly delta! Mmmm!

19. lindsay says:

i like those chia bars, just wish they were bigger. haha