20 Weeks: Halfway There!

How am I already halfway there??? I’m now in my 5th month, and all of a sudden, everything seems to be in high-gear. In the beginning, I was so eager for it to feel “real” that the weeks were dragging. Now that the weather is lovely, the baby’s kicking, and I finally have a bump to show for it, I feel like the weeks are flying before my eyes!

20 weeks

How far along? 20 weeks!

Baby’s size? Banana – about 6.5 inches long and weighs about 10 ounces

Total weight gain/loss: 10 lbs***

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: This week was better, but pee trips still bug the heck out of me.

Best moment this week: Shopping for maternity clothes with my mama (BTW, Destination Maternity is awesome!)

Miss Anything? Wine. I could have really gone for a glass of wine this weekend. Sushi would have been great too.

Movement: Yup! Kicks, flutters, and wiggles are all felt. I mainly feel them as soon as I wake up, later around 11 a.m., and evenings after my ice cream. Baby loves sugar as much as mama!

Food cravings: Ice cream. No surprise there, eh?

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, though after a bit of driving on Saturday, I felt soooo exhausted. I couldn’t believe a few hours in the car could take it out of me like that.

Gender: No idea, but I find out in a week from today. Follow me on Instagram to be the first to know!

Symptoms: Major back pain, though I don’t feel like I’m big enough to justify back pain yet, lack of energy, acne

Belly Button in or out? In but a little bigger than normal

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! (and tired)

Looking forward to: Finding out the sex next week! I think it’s great that some couples can wait until the birth, but Kevin and I are such planners than we’re both super eager to learn anything and everything we can about our wee one.

20 weeks

I have a few foodie-related notes to share about the weekend tomorrow (food and I are closer than ever these days), but for now, I just want to share a couple scenes from the weekend. First up is a pic from the bridal shower I attended on Saturday. Isn’t she beautiful?!?! Rebecca was my maid of honor, and I’m happy to be returning the favor in a few weeks.

shower Father's Day

Sadly, I wasn’t able to see my dad for Father’s Day, but I did get Kevin a little something. Though we don’t know the gender, this was on sale and just too darn cute to pass up! When a Clemson fan sees something with an orange helmet, she.must.buy.it.

I think a little girl could wear it for at least one game. After all, this baby’s due during football season! Ahhh yes, and all this making my Monday Marvelous (#MIMM)!

MIMM

*** Above I mentioned weight gain, and I’m not sure if I will continue to do so or not. I track it weekly myself and will continue to do so, but I don’t want to contribute to comparison traps. Thoughts? Helpful or TMI?

• What’s marvelous in your Monday?
  • Anyone else getting excited for football season?

This entry was posted in Pregnancy and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to 20 Weeks: Halfway There!

1. Aww its so exciting that you only have a week left before finding out the gender! I definitely am a planner too and think I would want to know! But I can see the fun in a surprise too! Either way the end result is a wonderful little addition to the world! :)

2. You’re seriously going to have me stalking IG next week to find out :P My parents somehow didn’t want to find out what I was, and I have -no- idea how they lasted the entire time not knowing. They even came up with names for both genders. Personally, I’d want to know asap… I mean, how else can you start decorating the nursery and going crazy with buying tiny little clothes?!

My parents didn’t find out either. I don’t see how they could resist either, especially the cute clothes!

3. MIzFit says:

my marvelous MONDAY is the boxer we rescued this past weekend.
    and you?
    you look stunning
    happy and stunning.

4. Lindsey says:

You look great! I love the little flutters and kicks too.
    I cannot believe how fast time is going. Makes me think our babies will be here before we know it!
    I agree I cannot wait to find out the sex, it makes it so much easier for planning. We find out today :)

5. Kat says:

You look adorable! Barely showing! :)

6. Enjoy this all Tiff – you look amazing and glowing! My bestie just found out their sex yesterday via blue cake inside…it was awesome. They had no idea until they cut the cake at a family Sunday dinner. They are having a boy and we all were so excited!

xoxo from Trinidad

7. So excited for you to find out whether it’s a little boy or girl! My parents didn’t find out the sex beforehand for either my brother or myself to keep it a surprise – I can’t decide which I would want to do. I actually went to gender reveal baby shower last year, where the parents found about a month or two before the birth through a gender-reveal cake (blue or pink icing inside). I adored that idea!

8. That is the cutest little bump! I can’t believe you’re halfway already!

9. I can’t wait to find out if you’re having a boy or a girl! I love that dress by the way, and you look fantastic! that is such a cute little onesy, any football fan- girl or boy- would look adorable in it :)

10. Ahh that’s so exciting that you’ll be finding out the gender soon! When I have kids, I know I’ll be the same and want to know the gender. There’s a lot of cute baby clothes shopping to be done before it comes and I couldn’t bear to wait ;)

11. Brittany says:

AHHH I love this!! You look adorable!! I have found that fishless sushi still tastes amazing! I don’t eat fish, but still love the sushi rolls with avocado and cucumber and brown rice. Even if you can’t have the nori, the rice roll is delish!

12. Michelle says:

Yay for halfway!! You look adorable and I finally see a bump :) You have a feeling if it’s a boy/girl?? There’s no way we could have waited to find out with our first two babies. It was easier when we already had one of each!

I always liked to post weight because I think it surprises people how pregnancy weight gain is different from “regular” weight gain. It’s also healthy to gain weight and your body is the one that decides how much you gain when you’re pregnant. (does that even make sense? I’m sleep deprived, lol)

I have a feeling it’s a boy, but I have no idea why. I try not to think about it, so I don’t get my hopes up one way or the other. I don’t really care either way though, just one more thing to think about I suppose… haha

13. Jen says:

You look so adorable, girl! I bet you’re dying to find out the gender!

I liked including pregnancy weight gain b/c I got comments all pregnancy about how huge I was (like ALL the time). But I gained a “normal” amount of weight so I just think it’s interesting to see. Plus, I had weeks where I gained 3 lbs and weeks where I gained none which I also found so interesting. Pregnancy is weird.

My body is very responsive to meals out (perhaps bloat from sodium), so I’ll gain or lose a couple pounds in just a day or two. Crazy. haha Yeah, I still think I’ll probably include it. I’ll find it interesting to read over one day in the future. :)

14. Nikki says:

You look absolutely adorable :) I am so excited for you to find out the sex!!

15. Nichole says:

BEAUTIFUL!! Finding out the sex was 110x cooler than finding out we were preggo, if you can imagine. Can’t wait!

Really? I shouldn’t sound so surprised. Once you’re mentally in baby-mode, everything is more exciting I suppose. haha

16. You look great! Whenever I see bumpdates at 20 weeks I always thinking to myself, “oh gosh it’s getting real now!” I haven’t been pregnant before, so I’m not sure what to say about the weight gain. I’m always interested to see, but I’m not sure how I’ll feel about sharing once I’m in the position. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend as well!

17. You look so great!!! That dress is gorgeous on you. And you’re just glowing. :)

As for the weight thing, I can see where you’re coming with with the comparison thing. I would say go with what feels right for you. If you don’t feel comfortable sharing then don’t feel like you have to.

Can’t wait to find out what you’re having!

18. omg are you adorable? YES! Love the dress BTW :) I didn’t blog about my weight gain.. I did weigh myself weekly and I knew how much I was gaining, but now that I am in weight loss mode I blog about my weight.. It helps me lose the weight.. You should never feel the pressure of gaining weight while you are pregnant. It will come off, just let your body do what it was meant to do! :)

19. You are the cutrest banana-mamma ever! I love your dress!

20. I can’t believe that you are already halfway there! You look so great! :)

21. Your dress is so cute!

Do ppl really care about your weight gain?! That would be so rude to comment on that.