19 Weeks: Sharing My Strength

We’re just moving right along, aren’t we?  I know the bump isn’t bumptastic in photos yet, but trust me, it looks big to me when I look down at it.  I even bumped my belly while trying to open the fridge door since it was unexpectedly in my way.  (Wow… that sounds like the ultimate fat kid moment, eh?  haha)

19 weeksHow far along? 19 weeks

Baby’s size? Mango (6 inches) weighing about 8.5 ounces

Total weight gain/loss: About 9 lbs

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: Mostly dreadful but I got a couple catch-up nights this past week

Best moment this week: Dinner with friends on Friday – They have two wee ones of their own, so they were able to share lots of advice and well wishes.  Oh, and they also gave us an orange onesie, which is of course a necessity for us Clemson folk.

Miss Anything? I wanted some wine this week, but it’s not a big deal.  I stole a sip of Kevin’s at dinner Friday, and that was enough to satisfy me.

Movement: Yes! This week has been a big change in movement.  It’s like a little butterfly is fluttering around in my belly.  Every once in a while it feels more like a kick, but it’s still pretty faint.

Food cravings: Sweets, sweets, and more sweets.  I’ve had a wicked craving for chocolate trifle over the past few days.  The chocolate muffin I had for brunch yesterday helped… sort of.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!  (Still *trying* to give up/reduce dairy though for my skin)

Gender: I find out in two loooooong weeks!

Symptoms: Breakouts and digestion issues… the usual suspects

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy!  All the changes this week have been really exciting.

Looking forward to: Kevin being able to feel the baby kick too

books

books as of late, I’m starting left to right

As I mentioned, there have been lots of changes this week.  Everything feels more real, and it’s all very exciting.  The movement is the biggest thing, and that has strengthened my bond with baby.  He or she likes to remind me, “I’m here!  I’m here!”  I have a feeling that Kevin should be able to feel it soon, maybe even late this week or the next.

The belly has grown a bit too.  I still rocked a bikini at the pool on Saturday afternoon, and all my friends were in awe of the lil’ bump.

19 weeks

Speaking of the pool…  I guess I let myself get just a bit too hot even though my legs were in the water.  I got a bit dizzy and had to lie down before leaving early.  I hated to leave my friends, but I’m not trying to overcook the bun in the oven!  I’m starting to realize that I need to be gentler with myself.  Learning new limits is hard.

For instance, my legs were killing me alllllll weekend long.  Friday was leg day (workout coming soon), and though the workout didn’t feel too intense at the time, my body had a really hard time recovering.  The pregnancy is feeling more real, and I’m beginning to understand that it’s okay to be a little fragile.  I have to share my strength with the little one!

• What were you up to this weekend?
  • Have you enjoyed any pool or lake days yet?

This entry was posted in Pregnancy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to 19 Weeks: Sharing My Strength

1. Woo! Halfway there! Sharing your strength is such a sweet way to look at it :) I can’t even imagine how amazing it must feel to have it really hit home that you’ve got a little life growing inside you, but it’s definitely more than okay to be fragile and go a little easier on yourself. After all, your little guy/girl is depending on you big time right now.

2. MIzFit says:

new limits are SO SO SO SO HARD….be kind to you.

xo

3. That’s so exciting you’re starting to feel movement! And I love that idea of sharing your strength – what a great way to look at things! :)

4. Ha ha ha- I love that you bumped your belly on the fridge door! So cute!
    I also love when pregnant women rock bikinis; I hope you wear one right up to the end!

5. jan says:

I was always bumping my baby bump into things when I was pregnant, too. Skinny people just aren’t used to body parts sticking out like that I guess. LOL You look fabulous and very exciting about the movement! (new reader from mommy runfast)

6. Lindsey says:

You look great and love that you rocked your bump in a bikini! I had to buy a much larger top for my bikini but have not worn it yet and think I might want a cover up, since I am not 100% comfortable with my chest these days…

Oh come on, no need to cover! :) Even though my bump is growing, my boobs haven’t been so lucky yet. Dangit! haha

7. That’s SO cute you bumped it on the door, it’s really growing fast!! thats so good you’re letting yourself be a little fragile, i think it’s a hard thing to do, but it’s necessary. unfortunately no pool days for me yet, i’m hoping to get to the beach in a couple weeks :) happy monday love!

8. Cait's Plate says:

I went to Sunflour Baking Company for breakfast this weekend (if you haven’t been…you NEED to go! 2001 E 7th street!) and the Whitewater Center. SO much fun.

And I actually just enjoyed a day on the Catawba River yesterday! Can’t beat pool/lake days in the summer if you ask me :)

Also lady, you look FABULOUS!

I haven’t been yet, but I love me a good breakfast spot. I’ll have to check it out. The white water center, on the other hand, is a fav of mine. I like their Thursday evening River Jam sessions in the summer months.

9. yes yes please be careful.. I was preggo in the summer time too and went to the pool. Just make sure you take water and drink TONS of it!

10. Aww, I’m so glad you’re happy and enjoying the process. Can’t believe you’re almost at the halfway point!!

11. Glad to hear that everyone’s going well! And I love the idea of sharing strength with the baby, that’s an awesome way to look at it.

No beach/pool days for me yet – the weather’s been so back and forth lately!

12. Pre-pregnancy I always tried to “push through” certain things. It’s hard to transition to a complete “listen to your body” mindset in pregnancy…but you’ll get used to it! So exciting you get to learn the gender soon. That’s what made things really real for me!

13. Congrats on the baby! Sharing strength…I love that! It must be an amazing feeling to feel movement. Glad all is well!

14. Gosh it’s going by so fast! I love these little updates pregnant bloggers post :-) So fun to remember that stage when I was pregnant too! We actually went to the lake this weekend since it was so hot here. Nice to get out of the heat to cool down :-)