Extra Fruity WIAW

This is an extra fruity WIAW.  First, I have a fruit rage, but I follow up with fruit fun.  Remember two weeks ago when I mentioned an organic frozen berry & pomegranate mix I bought?  Yeah, well there’s been a recall on that product.

The thing is… I’ve already eaten the entire bag… and the product was recalled because people have gotten Hepatitis A from the pomegranate.  That’s scary!  I’m a little freaked out, but luckily NC isn’t one of the states with reported outbreaks, even though my grocery store did call me about my purchase.  If you’ve purchased a similar mix, here’s a link for more info from USA Today.

Okay… enough rant, now for fruit fun in this week’s WIAW.

Pre-workout Breakfast: 1 Nature Valley honey and oats bar (2-bar pack)

nature valley

Post-workout Breakfast: peach protein oats with Barlean’s omega swirl fish oil (I could have eaten this for every meal!), and a couple hours later I finished 7 almonds and the other Nature Valley bar

oats

Lunch: leftover Amy’s frozen cheese-free pizza and a side baby spinach salad with goddess dressing

lunch

Snacks: pear, 1 scrambled egg (yes I eat with my hands), Honey Bunches of Oats with almond milk (I may have dipped into that cereal twice…), and a strawberry Zevia

snacks

Dinner: this jerk chicken casserole recipe, which turned out great even though I used less honey, half the salt, and subbed chicken tenders for chicken thighs

what a jerk   jerk

Dessert: yup… more fruit.  I had a red delicious apple, and yes, it was delicious.

Be sure to check out Peas & Crayons for more fun WIAW posts!

• Ever been affected by a recall?  A food recall?
  • Best thing you’ve eaten recently?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Extra Fruity WIAW

1. I wish we had that strawberry zevia in Canada! WE SUCK. It’s the only stevia product I like. Hep A? In fruit? What is this world coming to. I got food poisoning from yogurt once. It wasn’t expired, but the first bite tasted a little strange. So, like an idiot, I tried a few more bites, and within hours was very, very sick. Now I’m afraid of vanilla yogurt. Hahaha. Just vanilla, though.

How is that Amy’s pizza? Worth it? I’ve always wanted to try it, but it’s so expensive here that I think if I’m going to eat pizza, I should just order one.

I’m a big fan of Amy’s pizza, but it is what it is. I mean, don’t expect gourmet, but it’s pretty tasty for frozen. It’s an occasional splurge for me.

2. Nikki says:

Oh I hope the recalled food is ok! The best thing I have had lately was the slice of pizza over the weekend…it had been forever since I had pizza!

3. Those fruit recalls are just scary :? Hope everything turns out okay! I’ve never been affected by a recall before, but there was a time where I had to stop eating melons because people were getting [I forgot what] from them… I was kind of freaking out since I basically eat my weight in melons, but nothing ended up happening.

I remember that! I think it was listeria or something. I was so bummed that I couldn’t buy any melons for a while!

4. That’s really really freaky about that recalled fruit… I would never expect frozen fruit to be unsafe!

The best thing I’ve eaten recently is channa masala that I made using Eat, Live, Run’s recipe. It’s awesome!

5. MIzFit says:

we bought that fruit too—but hadnt ripped into it yet.

6. Christen says:

They make Strawberry Zevia??? I must find it now! I am ALL about fruit (and gummy candy) and I’m having a boy… I don’t know if there’s a correlation, but it’s fun to speculate!

It is fun to speculate, isn’t it? :) I had no morning sickness, which points to boy, but I have acne, which points to girl. Who knows?!?! haha

7. My great aunt mentioned that frozen berry recall over the weekend! My mother was saying that she had just bought a bunch of bags for smoothies and now has to throw them all out. I’m sure you are absolutely fine, but your fruit rage is completely justified!

8. A frozen fruit recall? Uh-oh, that sounds scary and I’m keeping my fingers crossed you won’t be affected! I’ve never been affected by a recall myself but keep seeing them in supermarkets every now and then. I think aside from the one you’re now experiencing it must be awful for mum’s seeing a baby food jar recall – just mentioning them because it was the last one I noticed in a store.
    One of the best thing I’ve eaten lately was a hummus bake I made up from scratch.

9. Oh my gosh! Food recalls can be so terrifying! They always get my mind racing… I love eating cereal with Almond Milk. Honey bunches of oats is one of my favs!

10. How is the strawberry Zevia? I really like the cola and lemon lime flavors. That one sounds super tasty, too. I will have to give it a try.

11. Love the kitty cat watching in the background! So cute! I haven’t made a jerk chicken recipe before but have been seeing some good looking ones lately. Might have to give it a try!

It was quite tasty! Other than chicken and the spices/sauce, it had onion, black beans, and sweet potatoes, which are all right up my alley!

12. The hamburger and big cookie at Milestones! :)

13. Any food recall is scary, but for hepatitis? ugh. No good. On a happier note, I haven’t been able to find strawberry Zevia anywhere! disapponting, because it sounds so good.

Best thing I’ve eaten lately was Sprinkles Bakes Chocolate Therapy cake, which I made for my mom’s birthday. It was intense, but easily one of the best cakes I’ve ever made.

14. Food recalls are scary! I think it’s nice the store called to let you know but it doesn’t really help after they are all gone. I can’t eat cold cereal as a snack, I will just keep pouring bowl after bowl.

15. I did the SAME thing. I actually had (and had already eaten) the turkey that was recalled last year. Oops.

16. Pregnant and craving fruit…? ;)

17. I’ve been on a fruit kick too! Loving watermelon, pears, raspberries and mangos!

18. Love Barleans! I always use it to make my PM snack protein mugcakes. Super yummy. I have never tried it in oatmeal, but I’m sure I would love it as I swoon over all things oatmeal :-D Speaking of oatmeal, that is probably the best thing I have had recently! My pre-workout oatmeal bowl consisted of my typical egg white proats with 1/3 of a melted chunky banana and 1/2 of a broken up cookie dough quest bar! The best :-D

I have never heard of a fruit recall before 0_0 that would be scary though!