Sick of “YOLO” yet? I bet you are. How about “YOPO?” (You’re Only Pregnant Once… unless of course you decide to do it again.) Yesterday’s YOPO was pizza night. Pizza – on a Monday??? You betcha!
Okay, so I actually only ate 2/3 of mine and will have the remainder for lunch today. If you couldn’t tell, mine was Amy’s frozen cheese-free pizza. Kevin got the cheesy goodness, but at least he let me make it. Fun!
That was definitely a YOPO success. Sadly, I’ve had some YOPO failures too. Failures mainly fall the beauty department since I’m failing miserably at going all-natural. Here are some of the products I’ve tried as well as my thoughts on each one.
1. Alba Botanica natural shampoo & conditioner: It smells great, but the shampoo doesn’t spread well, which means I have to use 2 or 3x as much product. That’s not good for someone with long, thick locks!
2. Seventh Generation laundry detergent & bathroom cleaner: The detergent seems to work well. The bathroom cleaner, on the other hand, smells awful. I can hardly stand it, so I generally just stick to vinegar/water.
3. Toms’ of Maine toothpaste, mouthwash, and deodorant: All of these products are crap. (Sorry Tom Fans) None of them work nearly as effectively as their cheaper and not-so-natural counterparts. I find myself using more product, and it still doesn’t get the job done as well.
4. Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser: Worst of the bunch! I was initially upset that this does not remove makeup, but it gets worse. I bought it because the label said, “No harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, phthalates,” and it did not say it was an acne cleanser. Score! Right?
Well… apparently it does contain willow bark, which I did not realize is a pretty way to say salicylic acid. Yeah… that’s one of those bad acne medications you’re really not supposed to use pregnant. I’m throwing the rest out or giving it to Kevin. #YOPOfail on my part
- Are there any all-natural products you like?
- Ever failed with ingredients lists?