18 Weeks: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changessss

Hello All!  ‘Twas another busy weekend here.  I’m now at 18 weeks, which is pretty much 4.5 months.  Some changes have been happening, which is pretty cool though a bit frustrating at times as well.

bump   bump

How far along? 18 weeks

Baby’s size? length of a bell pepper (5.5 inches)

Total weight gain/loss: approximately 8 lbs, maybe 9

Sleep: Ugh.  (<– is that a sufficient answer?)

Best moment this week: I heard the heartbeat again at my doc appointment last week.  Sadly she said I couldn’t find out the gender yet, so I have to wait a few more weeks for that.  Waaahhhhh!

Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back

Movement: Maybe?  I think I’ve felt the baby move a couple times (like butterflies), but it was so faint that I’m not too sure.

Food cravings: Only ice cream… as usual

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope

Gender: I wish I knew!  I have a guess, but I’m trying not to think about it.

Symptoms: I feel like the belly exploded this week, though I know the picture doesn’t really show it.  Regular clothes are getting really uncomfortable.  I’ve also been having some muscle twitches, mainly in the belly, and some severe “pregnancy brain,” which I thought was only a myth!

Belly Button in or out? Still in, and rings are still on.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy though I was a little more moody than usual this week.

Looking forward to: Feeling the baby really move

target   old navy

As I mentioned, my clothes aren’t feeling very comfy right now.  I’ve purchased a few maternity items, though the only thing I’ve worn so far are the maternity jeans in my bump pics above.  I was happy to find the two dresses above though.  The black is from Target, and the orange is from Old Navy.

Of course, I also took a few pics from the weekend.  It’s everything from Friday morning’s gym session to Sunday afternoon’s food prep (Kevin’s enchilada casserole lunch).  Fun stuff!

This entry was posted in Pregnancy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to 18 Weeks: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changessss

1. Aw, little bump. <3 I've been tempted to buy some of the cute maxi maternity dresses I've seen for sale at Old Navy – they look SO comfortable!

2. Nikki says:

Your little bump is adorable! And those dresses are cute! Sad you couldn’t find out the sex, but soon enough!!

3. You look so good, girlie! I have to admit that I’ve always thought the whole pregnancy brain was a myth as well, but even just considering how scatterbrained I can get around that time of the month, so I’m kind of scared :shock:

4. MIzFit says:

LOVE THOSE DRESSES.
    you need you need :-)

5. You look adorable! I think pregnant women are so BEAUTIFUL! And I love the dress options! SO CUTE!

6. You look great! Feeling them move is the BEST PART! :) Well, until meeting them…

7. katie says:

You look adorable! Cute little bump of love! I am so excited for you guys!!

Just wait until the baby is really moving, oh my! Baby G is non stop moving in there even at almost 37 weeks! I still smile every time I feel him move, it really is a blessing :)

8. I LOVE that dress from Old Navy! Maxi dresses are awesome, and they always looks so cute on pregnant women!

9. Christen says:

18 weeks was a time for me where I felt really awkward – I definitely looked different, but not really pregnant! It changes quickly though – I felt like I really ‘popped’ somewhere around 22 weeks. You look great! I also didn’t really feel any significant movement until about 20 weeks (an anterior placenta contributed to that).

I have suffered from crap sleep the entire time too. My midwife suggested I take 1/2 a Unisom and it’s been a lifesaver.

I have been really happy with my Old Navy maternity purchases! The dresses are a summer lifesaver for sure.

10. That must be so exciting to feel him/her move and hear the heartbeat! :D

I hope your sleep gets better though!

11. You are so cute!! Hearing the heart beat was so fun… and moving is even better… any day now!

12. well…. u look fantastic!!

xoxo from Trinidad

13. meri says:

wow- I haven’t been on here in awhile and now you’re pregnant! how exciting- congratulations and can’t wait to see more of the journey!
    meri

14. I wonder what I’d crave if I was pregnant?

15. I was lucky enough to have access to a Doppler at work while I was pregnant. A coworker was pregnant too so we’d have baby heartbeat parties everyday. Such a cool thing!

16. You are so cute!!! You will know soon enough–but I am so sorry you have to wait longer! That felt like THE longest wait to me too!!!

17. Looking good lady!! Isn’t hearing the heartbeat the best?
    Are you going to have the ultrasound tech tell you the sex at the next appt?

Yup! I’m really looking forward to it. Kevin even thinks he can make the appt too, which will be great.

18. 18 weeks already so fun! I remember that being the stage where I thought my belly looked big, but little did I know! :)
    In about another month you will really see it start to grow!