What I Ate Wednesday #280182373

How many of these have I written? Goodness knows, but here’s another! Thanks Jenn for another WIAW party!

Breakfast: While my blueberry cobbler was baking (more on this later), I did this 30-minute workout, which I followed with fruity protein oats. (BTW, I found this organic frozen fruit mix this week – filled with pomegranate, strawberries, cherries, blueberries, and raspberries. Mmmmmm!)

fruit

Snack: hard boiled egg (love these things)

egg

Lunch: Spring salad: spinach and field of greens with strawberries, edamame, radish, cucumber, and Newman’s Own light honey mustard dressing – minus the slice of bread (that was from Monday’s lunch)

salad

Snack: My office had a derby party yesterday, which included big hats, dresses, bowties, and a dessert bake-off. I nibbled on my cobbler to make sure it was edible, but I really enjoyed not one but TWO helpings of this chocolate trifle thing. I didn’t need it, but it was so good! I think I’ll have to make my own one day… hopefully soon.

chocolate

Dinner: I wasn’t feeling great, so I just stuck to a wee bit of leftover steak from Monday and some soup. (Side note: I broiled two fabulous filets Monday night. So yum!)

soup

Yup, that about sums it up. Here’s to hoping I feel better today!

• Ever broiled steaks, or do you stick to the grill?
  • Got any good chocolate trifle recipes?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to What I Ate Wednesday #280182373

1. Jessie says:

Oh no! Please tell me you’ve started feeling better?! Poor thing :(

2. MIzFit says:

I GRILL EVERY EVERY EVERYTHING!!

hope youre better this morning.

xoxo
    MizExTexan

3. Hope you feel better today! Love strawberries in salads!

4. Hope you’re feeling more like your good self today!!! Totally agree with Kim above…strawberries in salads are the way to go this time of year!

5. lawrence says:

When you can snack on hard boiled eggs , then you mean business ;)

6. lindsay says:

oh no, feel better! maybe the barleans will help! hehe

7. Hope you feel better soon, Tiff :( And I have to disagree that you didn’t -need- the chocolate trifle… everyone does ;)

8. Nikki says:

I am not a big steak fan :( but that chocolate trifle sounds AMAZING. Hope you feel better!

9. Feel better soon girl!

I’ve never broiled steak before, but I was actually just reading about it in a recent issue of Fine Cooking magazine and I want to give it a try!

10. I’ve made steak once and failed miserably lol

11. Feel better!! Your office has such fun parties! I love hard boiled eggs too :)

12. Kelli H says:

I stick to the grill for steaks, but I also don’t have the most experience cooking steak.

I LOVE hard boiled eggs. I have one at work every afternoon around 3:30. :)

13. At first, from you picture, I thought that you were going to say that you ate blueberry cobbler for breakfast!! ;) And hey, I was SO not going to judge!

Feel better ASAP! :)

14. I made a mint chocolate trifle for a friend’s bachelorette party a few years back. It was PHENOMENAL. Thanks for reminding me of it. :)

15. Mmmm blueberry cobbler! Will you be sharing the recipe? The Derby party sounds like fun. I want to have one of those next year.

16. I don’t have a grill so BROILING is my main way I cook and I LOVE IT!! :D If I didn’t have a broiler, not sure what I would do… Baking just isn’t the same!

17. Brittany says:

I love switching up my cooking styles by grilling/broiling/baking..etc! It keeps things fun and fresh! I hope you’re feeling better!!

18. Nichole says:

Can’t do those eggs, good for you! I can do double helpings of chocolate. Get to feeling better:)

19. Cute blog! Loved seeing your little preggo posts. Hope you feel better, and look forward to watching your journey (I am less than 8 weeks out from my due date now. Ya!).

20. I’ve been all about hard boiled eggs lately and actually just had one for lunch. Funny since I used to despise the things and could only eat them when deviled or topped with mustard, salt and pepper. Now I’ll eat them plain! I think it’s from going paleo and realizing that food tastes really good when it’s not over flavored with seasonings and condiments :-) hope you are feeling better soon!

21. I do my steak in a cast iron pan. Perfect every time!