15 Weeks: Bam, a Bump!

BAM!  Just like that, we have a bump!  It seemed as soon as I said I didn’t have one last week, it just popped out of nowhere.  Then again, with a baby the size of an apple, I suppose I should suspect a little something, eh?

bump

Here’s a little survey-style info that might be a bit more reader-friendly than reading paragraph after paragraph of my ramblings, which I guarantee aren’t helped by my sentimental hormones and my scattered pregnancy brain.

How far along? 15 weeks

Baby’s size? Apple (about 4 inches)

Total weight gain/loss: On Friday I was 4 lbs, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I tacked on another over the weekend.

Maternity clothes? My skinny jeans have finally gotten uncomfortable, but I don’t need maternity stuff just yet.  I ordered a few maternity items just in case I have another growth spurt like this one though!

Sleep: One word – dreadful

Best moment this week: Seeing my mom and dad this weekend

Miss Anything? I really haven’t missed beer/wine nearly as much as I thought I would.  In fact, I usually don’t miss it at all.  The fam and I went to a wine tasting though on Saturday afternoon, and that wasn’t quite as fun with my decaf cappuccino.  However, I’ve gotten used to it already.  I guess to answer the question, I miss sleep the most.

Food cravings: I want ice cream every night.  I tried to fight it, but I feel much more satisfied (and I don’t overeat it or other things) when I just let myself give into the urge.  In short, there are two containers in my fridge right now.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing makes me sick, but my sense of smell is freakishly strong, which is often not so pleasant.

Symptoms: A good bit of my energy has returned; slightly moody; minor cramping (aka: round ligament pain – completely normal); acne (more on this later… possibly another post)

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but occasionally a little mean (sorry everyone!)

Looking forward to: Having a “real” bump that doesn’t just look like a little pot belly

bump

I don’t know if this counts as my first Mothers’ Day weekend as a mom, but my family members were kind enough to send me cards anyway.  Such sweeties!

decaf    brunch

I took my parents to a Tonic concert on Friday night, and we attended a wine tasting on Saturday.  On Sunday, we all went to brunch, which was fantastic.  Sadly, I also had to drop the fam off at the airport, but I have excellent news – they may have found a home they like here in NC.  Yaaaaaay for babysitters close relatives!!!

• What were you up to this weekend?
  • Do you live near your family?

This entry was posted in Pregnancy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to 15 Weeks: Bam, a Bump!

1. Aww that’s so exciting that your bump is showing! And even more exciting that your family might be moving closer!! :)

This weekend I went into Toronto to check out its big farmer’s market with my sister and then made crab legs for Mother’s Day dinner!

2. Awwr! Your little bump is so darn cute! :D And that’s so awesome that your parents might have found a place close to you! My mom and dad are about a 20 minute drive away, and it’s honestly hard to imagine them being further than that. They’re pretty much the only family I have on this side of the pond, so it’s always nice to be able to see them whenever.

3. That is awesome that your parents might have found a home close to you! When I was growing up my grandparents were 40 minutes away; some of my favorite memories are spending weekends with them.

4. Glad to hear you don’t miss alcohol very much. I won’t lie, it’s what I dread the most about getting pregnant! Not to say I NEED to have it (or do I?!) but I know it will be tough for me not to have my weekend wine or beer. But, maybe it’s easier once you know you’re pregnant??? I’m hoping that’s the case with me! Get some sleep (maybe talk to your doctor about some homeopathic options??)

I totally know what you mean. I thought it would be soooo hard, but I guess once it’s not an option, it just isn’t so bad.

5. I remember my bump during my pregnancy with M popped up at around 17-19 weeks. Then just grew and grew. From week 19 to 20 was a HUGE change too. Love the excitement for the bump. It really is such a beautiful thing.

And sleep. Oh, sleep was always an issue during pregnancy for me too. I swear I slept better after the babies arrived than I did during pregnancy.

6. Nikki says:

That would be so exciting if they moved near you!! Sounds like a great weekend, and your teeny tiny bump is adorable :)

7. MIzFit says:

there are no words for how EXCITED I AM FOR YOU!!!!

8. awww a cute little bump!! :) :) my family and my husband’s family both live in st louis and we’re definitely lucky! we love spending them with them!

9. AW little apple bump. So sweet. I think you’re going to have a boy. Do you have any weird “feelings” about it?

10. You look fantastic, Tiff! I’ll be interested to hear about the acne, as I have bad skin to begin with!
    That would be awesome if your parents moved! Whenever Kelly and I talk about moving, I always think about how much better it would be to stay put so grandparents are around when we have kids!

11. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you! xo

12. You are adorable!! And yes, I remember looking forward to a bigger bump so it was obvious it was pregnancy. :)

I finally understand why people try to cover it up when it’s little – you just feel kinda silly with it. haha

13. Again, I love that you are holding an apple to illustrate the size in your photo!

It was a glorious weekend. Poker Friday, Unplugged Saturday, Concert Saturday Night, Overhauled Office on Sunday.

We don’t live near our families, so for Mother’s Day, I sent cards to both of our moms with a picture of our new pooch that read “Can’t wait to meet you, Grandma!” They are both coming to visit later this month. ;-)

Happy Mother’s Day to you! (And, yes, it counts!)

14. Nichole says:

Excited to follow you through. Such a joyous time in your life! Beautiful pics. Kisses to you and the bump!

15. Congrats on your little bump! And happy mothers day! it totally counts :) You and your mom are so beautiful, you look just like her! Unfortunately my mom lives a few states away, so i didnt get to hang out with her this weekend, but she’s coming out to visit me in early june. I’m so excited! It’s so great to have all those ready and willing babysitters close by :)

16. How exciting! I hope you had a great first Mother’s Day!! :)

17. cuute.. I couldn’t wait until I finally got an official bump either. It will happen soon dont you worry:)

Oh I bet! I was always wondering why people tried to hide the bump, but now I see why. Until it’s a bit bigger, you just feel a little silly.

18. That totally counts as a mother’s day!! :) Your little bump is so cute!

19. Gah!! I love the bump–it’s so. darn. cute. You are so. darn. cute. :)

20. Such a great idea to take a picture with the apple :)

I think two containers of ice cream is great to stock load in your fridge. Perfect for when you get the cravings!

21. Awww yay, so cute! Hope you get some sleep soon!

22. OMG it is so weird to think that your baby is only the size of an apple! ;)

23. Awww, yay for the little bump!! And good for you for giving into that ice cream craving…so much better to listen to your body instead of denying that craving and then stuffing yourself silly later! I’m just waiting for the cravings to get weird…like topping that bowl of cream with some pickles or something! Ketchup? Hahaha!

This weekend I got a massage on Friday and then spent most Saturday shopping for a new pair of heels to wear to Blend. Then the man-friend and I fired up the grill for the first time and dined al fresco! It was fantastic!

24. Oh how I hope if I ever have a baby my family is close by! That was something I always wished for as a kid, too, and was a little jealous that my cousins got to see my grandparents so much more than we did.

Hooray for baby bumps! And ice cream. I think the way you have rationalized it is great: obviously it is what you want and you won’t eat your way around the kitchen trying to squash the craving. Besides, there are so many delicious flavors to work your way through. ;)

25. Lindsey says:

You look awesome! I just started getting round ligment pains at night and ouch they can hurt! When is your due date? We must be really close!

26. Hi Tiff! Congrats on your pregnancy. SO excited for you :)