Earth Day Rewind

Good morning all!  How was your Earth Day?  I totally forgot it was Earth Day when I wrote my post yesterday.  How green of me, eh?  That doesn’t mean I didn’t celebrate.

I had a meatless Monday.  Lunch = veggie burger and spinach salad.  Dinner = black bean quesadilla.

lunch   quesadilla

Dinner was made with Sunday night’s leftovers.  It was enchilada night, and it was fabulous.

enchilada   sunday

I also celebrated Earth Day by cleaning with some vinegar and also doing laundry in cold water.  Okay, okay… I usually do those things because I’m cheap green like that, but let’s just say it was for Earth Day.

I also decided to forgo the treadmill for the trails.  Five miles, BAM!  I was surprised at the calorie burn I saw after the walk, but I was even more surprised at the things I saw during the walk, four ducklings, squirrels, turtles, a muskrat, tadpoles, and four turtles.  (biology nerd over here)

garmin   polar

• Did you celebrate Earth Day?
  • Are you into meatless Mondays?

This entry was posted in Fitness and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Earth Day Rewind

1. I’m in the middle of the city, but the rabbits… they’re EVERYWHERE. It’s like a party out there every morning when I walk to the gym…

2. I celebrated Earth Day, somewhat. I reused some plastic bags :) AND I only had a small amount of meat! Yep, only at one meal, and that was dinner (and it was about 2 ounces). Soo…..that counts, right?! I can’t eat vegetarian very well because of all of my GI issues!

3. I celebrated with washing my cloth diapers. Haha, yeah I had to do that anyway.

4. MIzFit says:

we did! the child and I snaggggged trash from the streets of our ‘hood.

5. Nikki says:

Those quesadillas look amazing! And to celebrate Earth day, I made sure to use all tupperware (no baggies for me!) and water bottles instead of bottled water. I try to do this all of the time, but sometimes I forget or get lazy!

6. Everyday is Earth day for me. Except I kind of forgot about it. I ran to & from work though!

7. I celebrated by going in to Starbucks with my reusable mug and getting a free coffee ;) I try to be green on a daily basis by keeping the lights off, using reusable bags, using cold water, etc… so I guess every day is kind of like Earth Day?

8. Oh I didn’t even realize yesterday was earth day… come to think of it, I think I even saw some posts that mentioned earth day and it didnt even sink in. wow, mondays, amirite? well, I don’t own a car and walk to and from work everyday, so i feel like i do my part:)

9. I am hoping to get out for a run sometime this week and this weekend :)

10. Mmmm . . . enchiladas! I could eat Mexican food every day and never get sick of it! :)

11. Kacy says:

I love meatless meals! Looks great!

12. I love that you see turtles outside!
    I didn’t really celebrate, but I did eat meatless and grocery shop with reusable bags (ok- so I normally do those things anyway!) I think I’m going to try making my own cleaners soon. Do you just use vinegar or do you make a mix?

13. Kathryn says:

Every day is Earth Day for me too. Celebrated with a 5.5 mile trail run and tree hugging (no joke).

Those enchiladas look deeeeeelicious. I’m love restaurant enchiladas so much that I’m afraid to attempt them at home because I’m sure I’ll ruin them and ruin my love affair too. Would love to hear your recipe/technique!

14. Wow, that is a lot of wildlife…not sure if I’d recognize a muskrat if I saw one! Your enchiladas/quesadillas look delicious. I’m having a major Mexican food craving today!

15. Nichole says:

Your bum must be thanking you for that run – awesome!!

Thank you for pointing out it’s earth day! #whoop

16. Melissa says:

I definitely forgot it was Earth Day…but hey, I got outside in the sun for a bit, that must count a little?

I’ve been thinking on it, and I actually go meatless most days now, because I’m generally just too lazy to cook it!

17. I enjoyed Earth Day with an outdoor run – but I left my iPod at home. No music equals taking in the sights and sounds of the environment around me.

18. SO. MUCH. GOOD. FOOD!! Yay for meatless Mondays :).

19. LOL I didn’t know it was Earth day…

20. I’m into meatless EVERY days. ;)

Those enchiladas are just compounding on this current craving for Mexican food I’m having. I do have some enchilada sauce frozen from the last time I made them–much too long ago. Perhaps that will be on the list of ‘things to do’ this weekend?

21. Aww, I think one of the BEST things about running/walking outside is stumbling across wildlife! I once saw some turtles all lined up on a fallen tree that was laying across a pond…they were staggered just right so that each one got just the right amount of sun! It was so cute! I wish I had gotten a picture…though, for the record, I DID try with my cell phone…before I scared them off! Oops?

Those enchiladas look great! Ugh, it’s been TOO long since I’ve made some of those!

It’s funny, I don’t eat a lot of meat, but I almost always seem to eat it on Monday! Then I’m like, whoops! Lol