How was your weekend? Mine was delightful, though short as always. Kevin and I went out to eat both Friday and Sunday, which is unusual for us.
I only planned to do happy hour on Friday, but since Kevin got home earlier than expected from work, my buddy and I let our hubbies join us for dinner. Of course, we still gave ourselves an hour of girl talk before the boys were “allowed” to come eat.
Earlier in the week, other friends said they weren’t able to join us for dinner, but their schedule opened up, so we just haaaaad to meet them out for pizza. (Twist my arm.)
I didn’t eat out on Sunday (at least I got some healthy food, like the oats above and eggs below), but I did start thinking about Mother’sDay brunch reservations.
Hmmm… all this restaurant talk made me think of my restaurant peeves, especially the first one with regards to Mother’s Day brunch.
- Prix Fixe Menus! This is my ultimate peeve. Just let me order off your normal menu. It’s more likely to have what I really want, and I promise I don’t need a salad, appetizer, main, and dessert. Trust me!
- Inconsistency. The pizza place we visited Saturday was good… when I tried it last year. This time I was pretty disappointed.
- Rushing me. Some restaurants are meant to be quick, like Panera or Chipotle, but if I’m enjoying a sit-down meal, I like to take my time. The food should be worth the wait!
- Take-out. Okay, this doesn’t have anything to do with the restaurant itself, I just don’t really like take-out…. unless I’m sick… or PMSing…. and it’s Chinese food. Your bill includes ambiance; enjoy it!
- “Are you still workin’ on it?” Hate it when servers ask this. Yes, this little piggy is still working on her dinner. Leave me to it! This is probably my second biggest peeve.
I normally keep it positive on the blog, but I had to share. I’ve gotta’ know if anyone else feels the same way.
- What are your restaurant pet peeves?