The Carbs I Ate Wednesday

Ever have those days where you just carb out to the max?  Yeah… that was me yesterday.  Luckily, most of my carbs were fiberlicious and chock-full of nutrients, but carbs are still carbs.  Ahhh, such is life.

spring

What I Wore Wednesday: print pants are super bold for me, paired with unpictured jacket

What I Worked Wednesday: core yoga in the morning, 2.5 mile walk in the evening (no overtraining!)

What I Ate Wednesday { WIAW }:

• rice cake before yoga
  • breakfast: green smoothie after yoga (spinach, raspberries, almond milk, Sunwarrior protein, banana)

smoothie

• snack: raw almonds and a calcium chew

almonds

• lunch: taco-less salad (quinoa, pepper, onion, black beans, Rotel that I prepped Sunday topped with lettuce)

taco

• snacks: apple and a couple hours later homemade hummus with carrots and unpictured reduced fat Triscuits

apple   hummus

• dinner: butternut squash mac n’ cheese (recipe tomorrow!  definitely went back for seconds with this one)

pasta

• dessert: you bet I snuck in a little ice cream!

1. Do you carb-out from time to time too?
  2. Thoughts on print pants?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to The Carbs I Ate Wednesday

1. Jessie says:

anything that has the words “mac & cheese” in it sounds delicious.. and um, no shame on going back for seconds. I’d be a bit upset had you not :)

2. Tiff, you’re ROCKING those printed pants! They look so cute! I haven’t been bold enough to try them yet…

yes to carbing out….it happens. I don’t even know what happens, but some days I can’t. stop. eating. cereal. Like, it’s all I want! Cheerios + banana + flaxmilk is mah jam.

3. I carb out on a daily basis haha – I love my oats, rice, and sandwiches!

Also I really like printed pants! I want to pick up a floral pair for spring.

4. I don’t have days of just carbs very often, but my roommate sure does. She’ll complain on her 5th trip to the pantry and I’ll be like “BAILEY YOU NEED PROTEIN”. It’s kind of amusing… :p

Come here and yell at me on my 5th trip to the pantry. I don’t know if it’ll help, but it couldn’t hurt, right?

5. Sometimes I have carb days like this too, but I figure it’s better to give my body what it wants. :-)

6. Love the title of this post, and I love carbs too. :) I’m drinking the exact same smoothie combo right now.

7. I usually take my carb cravings as my body’s way of telling me I haven’t had enough of them! I embrace it. Haha

8. I carb out on a pretty regular basis. I actually find that if I don’t eat enough carbs, my stomach and energy are a mess… so that mac and cheese is definitely calling my name!

9. That salad looks fantastic, and do not even get me started on the mac & cheese. I’ll be looking forward to that recipe! :)

10. Love print pants and that pasta looks amazing!

11. I am loving print pants at the moment! I really want a pastel mint green colour pair for the spring/summer. I love them with a simple plain white vest or tee to really make the pants stand out!

12. Haha I carb out way more often than I should. Carbs are delicious. End of story. That pasta looks delish!

13. Kelli H says:

I love you that you have a little ice cream regularly. I cannot keep it in my house, because I’d eat the whole thing in like 2 days… I wish I had your self control!

14. i eat carbs but just not too much of it. sweet potatoes or whole grains are my carb choices.

15. Some days just require more carbs than others. :) Cute pants!

16. Pretty picture! Love the printed pants!

17. KR says:

I’m curious…other than the Triscuits and the pasta, where’s all the carbs? Looks like a very balanced day full of fruits and veggies and whole grains, to me.

18. Kacy says:

I carb out more often than not :) That mac and cheese looks amazing!

19. Yummy carbs! I love your printed pants – they are very “in” this season according to all the advertisements from clothing companies trying to sell me some. :)

20. butternut squash mac n cheese sounds AMAZing! Looks great too. Why wouldnt you go back for seconds?

21. morgan says:

love to carb out with my two favs: sweet potatoes & squash! on the weekends mostly when I am home to cook them, both savory & sweet for any meal of the day :) like print pants but have been too scared to rock them- may have to now! they look great on you

Go try some on! :) I think the small print is easier for me than big prints, like a flower that takes up an entire butt cheek or something. haha

22. You look fantastic in the picture :)! The printed pants suit you really well. I’ve seen several I liked but am just not bold enough to wear them – I wish I was!

23. Those higher carb days are a must! I always PR in the gym the day after a good carb (and sugar… shhhh…) fix. :)

24. I think you totally pulled off the printed-pants look. At least you are one step ahead of me in the bold department in the fact that you actually own printed-pants :)

Love the looks of smoothies in a bowl. Such nutrition powerhouses!

25. I can’t wait for that recipe!

26. Love the outfit! I think I’m having one of those carb days today, in fact! Currently craving some popcorn . . .

27. Michelle says:

Lol to the title of this post – hey at least some of the carbs were HEALTHY carbs (and included some protein too!). Carb lover for life right here :)

28. Jen says:

Butternut squash and mac n cheese are my two favorite foods. Can’t wait to see how you combined them!