Hello All! I don’t normally post on Sundays, but while food prepping for the week (aka: spending hours in the kitchen) I was inspired. I’m linking up to the weekly “Menu Planning Challenge” where readers can get meal planning inspiration.
My Sunday included some time with online grocery weekly ads, my list, and a spreadsheet. Oh – and coffee. Always coffee.
Then I head off to the grocery store. Today was great because the store was so empty. It snowed here in NC last night, so a lot of people were a little timid of the roads. (Like Leia – she wasn’t a fan of the snow at all!)
Then I get to cooking! Along with cooking ducks for dinner, which includes defrosting, a saltwater brine, and 5 hours for baking, I made Jamie’s Protein Pumpkin Bars and prepped what I could for the week.
- Sunday: pintail ducks (hunted by the hubby), Angela’s (amazing) rice pilaf, asparagus
- Monday: wild Alaskan salmon, more asparagus (on sale for $1.49 lb – a steal)
- Tuesday: Fitness Magazine’s turkey black bean chili
- Wednesday: leftover chili
- Thursday: tofu, quinoa, veggies, and Trader Joe’s red curry sauce (obsesssssed)
- Friday: up in the air
I’m eating the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and snack all week, so I’ll share more on that on Wednesday (WIAW).
- Any other nerds use spreadsheets when meal planning? (I almost make a really nerdy nutrition and Excel pun about macros, but I refrained. You’re welcome.)
- See any snow?