***I think I’ve finally fixed my blog. If you missed the other posts this week, check ‘em out!
Happy Friday! My days have passed soooooo slowly this week, but for some reason, the week itself has gone by quickly. Funny how that works, eh? Perhaps it’s because I’ve been munching on this beauty all week for lunch – well, except for Tuesday as you may have noticed from my WIAW post.
It’s just a hummus and veggie wrap, but I made it with homemade hummus. Never made your own? It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3. I’m not trying to be cheesy here; that’s actually a mnemonic device for the recipe.
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed, drained)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 3 TBS tahini
- water (I used only 1/4 cup since I wanted it thick for my wrap, so add to your liking.)
- Whip it. Whip it good. In a food processor, of course.
- This is a very basic recipe. It commands in a flavorful wrap or some spiced up mix-ins.
- I like hummus with garlic, so I usually add a clove. Kevin brought some of this to work for snack, so I omitted the garlic. I’m sure coworkers won’t be happy if you add too much!
- Many people like lemon juice, about half a freshly sqeezed lemon. Personally, I’m not a fan.
- Make it your own! Try new ingredients. I’ve listed some hummus links below to inspire you.
- Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus from Linz
- Pomegranate Honey Mustard Hummus from Sarah
- Rosemary Pumpkin Hummus from Gina
- Lemony Spinach Hummus from Tami
- Creamy Basil Hummus from Emily
- Edamame Hummus from Food Network
- Smoky Chipotle Zucchini Hummus by Mama Pea
And now I’m really looking forward to lunch! Have a great weekend.