Today’s post is all about wishing a happy birthday to the world’s best dad! Happy Birthday Ol’ Man!
Today’s my dad turns the big Five-Oh! I’m honored to call him my dad and blessed to be his daughter, but most importantly (at least to me…) I’m happy to spend the next 50+ years with him in my life.
Though I’m sad I don’t get to see him until next month, you better believe I’m looking forward to it!
One of the least important but most fun things Dad passed on to me was a respect for good beer. And on that note, I bring you another beer review. It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, eh? This one is totally worth a write-up. I really enjoyed it!
Sweetwater Brewing Company’s LowRYEder IPA (ABV 6.2%, IBUs 45)
- Appearance: I had it in a bottle, so not much to note here except that the head in lingering.
- Smell: earthy and a wee bit dank with some hoppy aroma as well
- Taste: hoppy but not a hop-wallop, slightly sweet in a grassy way (not actually sweet in a fruity way)
- Mouthfeel: thicker than expected yet smooth and moderately carbonated
- Overall: great feel, great taste, and interesting aroma – I could enjoy this any season
As stated, I really liked this one. I was initially worried that the rye might create a more bitter flavor than I’d like, but it didn’t. This was really well balanced. No bitter-beer-face here!
Had any good beers lately?