I haven’t had much to say about workouts yet this week, but I’ve been doing ‘em.
On Monday I was still having some coughing/sniffling even though I was feeling better, so I stick to a warm up and weights. There were plenty of plie squats in my full-body routine, and my legs had a lil’ two-day sore going on. Am I the only one who loves that?
Tuesday was mainly cardio. I wasn’t quite up for a full-on run, so I reverted back to one of my fav workouts from before I got into running. 10 min walk (increasing incline every minute), 10 min jog (1.0 incline), 10 min walk (intervals with inclines), 10 min jog (1.0 incline), and another 10 min walk (bump up incline then decrease it every minute). BAM! 4 miles done and 408 calories burned! (I also did a wee bit of core work later in the day before dinner.)
Yesterday I used Bob Harper’s crossfit WOD I saw on BodyBuilding.com. It was no joke! I did jumping pullups instead of real ones, and I only did 10 hand-release pushups instead of 20. After my arms got tired, I switched to lat pull-downs on the 4th and 5th rounds instead of my wimpy jumping pullups. I still got that jello feeling, and I’ll probably have that sore feeling later today.
To wrap up this post, I want to add a little link love. Enjoy!
- A Healthy Slice of Life, “Why Whole30 Isn’t Right for Me” <– totally agree
- PB Fingers, “Crock Pot Challenge Details” <– I’m not in the challenge, but I’m still getting inspired.
- Women’s Health, “When Running Isn’t Healthy” <– interesting….
- Run Faster Mommy, “Houston Marathon Recap” <– great recap!
- MizFit Online, “I’m A Ladies Home Journal Journalista!” <– Congrats to Miz!
What have your workouts been like lately?