WIAW… and what I didn’t

Thanks for checking out another What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) post.  This is mostly what I ate, but there’s also a wee bit on what I didn’t eat.  Confused?  Just keep scrolling…  Thanks Jenn for hosting another WIAW blog party!
Pre-Gym: rice cake & green tea (my workout was fab today, by the way, more on that tomorrow)

Post-Gym: protein oats (yaaaaay!) oats, whey, mininana, and chia seeds

oats

Snack: two sacher balls (so good!)

sacher

Lunch: chicken, broccoli, millet bowl (what I didn’t eat: free pizza ordered in for a meeting at work)

lunch

Snack: plain Oikos yogurt & 1/4 papaya… followed by a spoonful of pb right after work

oikos

Dinner: braised Brussels sprouts & two turkey white bean muffins (dinner was amazeballs)sprouts

Dessert: (what I didn’t eat: the ice cream calling to me from the freezer. Dinner was great and filling, so I tried to leave it at that.)

• Ever brought your own lunch to a lunch meeting or social outing?
  • Is there anything calling to you right now?  I think that ice cream calls to me 24/7!

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to WIAW… and what I didn’t

1. A lot of things are always calling my name.. Like pasta, tacos, cupcakes, potato chips… :)

2. I wish I had as much will power as you, when there is free pizza I have to eat it :(

3. I brought my own food to a funeral once… HAHAHA. I knew it was going to be all sandwiches & desserts and since I was dealing with food allergy symptoms & on an elimination diet, I had to. I ate it in the car though. Can you imagine if I pulled it out in front of everyone eating egg salad sandwiches? :D

Are those apple bananas I see?!

4. Jessie says:

Do you have a certain recipe you use for those turkey muffins??

Kind of, sort of. I’m thinking of remaking them soon to actually write down the measurements so that I can share the recipe. Hopefully I’ll get to that next week! :)

5. Megan says:

Mmm all looks great, way to make some good choices! I housed 2 oranges last night for dessert in order to avoid anything bad.

6. Juli says:

Ditto what Jessie said! That sounds exciting!

7. Well don’t you just have a will of iron? Or is it an iron will? Wasn’t that a movie? Lol aaaanyways. Sorry – a bit too hyper this morning ;) Maybe it’s all the cookies that have been calling to me lately… which I have WAY too many of thanks to the stand mixer I got for Christmas. That thing is just way too fun to use…

8. Ooooh are we going to get that turkey muffin recipe?!

9. Yes I agree with Kaila, that muffin recipe sounds pretty awesome!

10. I have to agree with some of the other comments… I would like the Turkey Muffin recipe too. It sounds interesting. Do you use ground or whole turkey??

11. Katie says:

What did you braise your sprouts in? They look amazing!

12. I ALWAYS bring my lunch to work meetings. You never know what’s going to be there . . . and it’s usually some low quality, greasy pizza. If I’m lucky, there’s an iceburg lettuce salad. So, yeah, I just always bring it, and then I don’t have to worry. I’ll also put a vote in for the turkey muffin recipe! ;)

13. Are those bananas in the background of your breakfast picture? There are SO many :)

I’ve brought my own food to countless occasions. Christmas was priceless when I got to see the look on my family’s faces when I poured out a bowl of soup and they enjoyed their ham and pie. Lol.

14. Ice cream calls my name – like daily. Which is why I don’t keep it in the house. HA. I love me some good protein oats, and yours look tasty!

15. If the office is having pizza I usually try to stick with what I brought for lunch. I try not to go to the luncheons at restaurants either, although I have better options at a restaurant. It’s just so much money (I work in DC) and so many more calories.

I think salty, crunchy foods call my name more often than sweets. Popcorn, wheat things, pita chips…..hmmm….

16. Recipe for those muffin things?

17. Kat says:

Did someone just say Sacher balls? ISacher torte is one of my all time favorites, I really need to try this healthier version :)

18. Serena says:

I love the “What I didn’t eat” parts! I may copy you on my WIAW post next week! It makes you feel less alone to know youre not the only crazy person turning down goodies for food thats actually GOOD for YOU! The sacher tortes sound incredibly delish! I can’t wait to unpack my food processor and check it out!