Wrapping Up 2012

Oh, 2012 – how I will miss thee!  Between the promotions, vacations, and all-around fun times, I have to admit, this has been a fabulous year.  Rather than recap the last 12 months, I think I’ll just review this past weekend.

After a workout and some errands, Kev and I hit the road to visit his parents on Friday.  We had fun opening belated Christmas presents and taking a little trip to the Biltmore House.

biltmore     biltmore

Of course, we also had fun with a few indulgences, including but not limited to Anchor Christmas Ale and Pad Thai.

anchor     thai

The food and the visit were both lovely, but I am so ready to get back on track.  I think  I’m not alone in saying, Bring it on 2013!  Upon our return, Kevin and I hit the grocery store, and I loaded up on produce, like the collard greens below.

greens     greens

That’s a lotta’ greens!  I made an altered version of my cabbage, kale, quinoa casserole last night with the collards, but don’t worry – I saved the remaining greens for New Years day.

• Anyone else eat collard greens and black eyed peas for luck on New Years Day?
  • Who has plans tonight?

This entry was posted in Food, Travel and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Wrapping Up 2012

1. Miz says:

I HAVE HUUUGE PLANS TONIGHT.
    muppet movie.
    with a 7 year old.
    in our inflatable bed as we await furniture delivery :-)

xo

2. Lee says:

I’ve been to Asheville three times but I still haven’t made it to see the Biltmore House!

3. Kierston says:

My plans tonight are to get rid of this cold!

Happy New Year!!!

4. I’ve heard of the black eyed peas thing, but never collard greens. Either way, I don’t think I’ve ever eaten either… Instead, I’ll be heading out to the movies tonight and hopefully watching the fireworks if it’s not too cold. Happy New Year’s Eve, Tiff!

5. We are going out to dinner with friends then having them over for a nice low key new years eve :)

6. The pad thai looks amazing!
    Our plans are pretty low key- maybe a cross-country ski and a nice home-cooked dinner!
    Happy New Year!

7. I have a few plans tonight, but still have yet to make a decision on them.. I should probably get on that soon though! Happy New Year!!!

8. Kacy says:

Looks like a great end to the year! My mom always tries to get me to eat black eyed peas at New Years but I always used to resist. If I was home tonight, I’d eat them for her :)

9. Michelle says:

My plans tonight involve eating a massive amount of Chinese food, staring at my husband while he drinks champagne (ok – I’ll probably have a glass) and playing a lot of Wii with my kids. And yes, we plan on letting them say up until midnight because we are bad parents :)

I hope you have a great 2013!!

10. Those greens look delicious! The only thing I’ve eaten for good luck on New Years was shrimp. :) Hope you have a very Happy New Year!

11. Kat says:

You look great!!
    Our plans are just movies all night with family :)

12. I always eat black eyed peas, collards and tomatoes- luck, money and love! WAHOO for 2013 :)

13. Our tradition growing up was pork and sauerkraut… I think it’s a PA Dutch thing. I still need to make your casserole, as I dropped the ball on cooking over the holidays. Glad you had such a fantastic year. Wishing you the best in 2013!

14. I just bought both collard greens & black eyed peas, although I’m thinking we’ll eat them tonight with dinner (with a few leftovers tomorrow). Happy New year! :)